•Chapter 1•

Happy reading 😃😃

Waking up to not feeling youself was what I had gotten used to in four years. I sat up and buried my face in my palms.

Four years. It has been four goddamn years.

Four years since I had left everything behind and ran to the colour I love the most now.. which I once used to hate.

BLACK.

The colour that held Power. Authority. Strenght and elegance.

I hated it because it shades who you really are. You cannot decipher what the person had in his/her mind. Hiding yourself.

And now I have nothing other than black. I started loving it at one point. People looking at you with respect. Black gives me all the calm I need. I may be only 24 and look like a kid to all, but who knew that this face and a person like me would land up in this place. At this point of life. Which I hated. Not what I had dreamt of.

But they say.. elders are so right.. Expect the UNEXPECTED.

I looked out the large window on my left side. It was still dark. The water flowing calm in the lake out my window. I looked at my bedside table to see that it was only 3:00 AM. I had slept only for two hours. Sleep was not a thing now. Sleep.. one of the things I had loved once more than anything in life. To have my head placed in maa's lap and drift to sleep as she patted my shoulder and carresed my hair. A sigh escaped my lips as memories came down flashing.

Now that I don't stay with my family, let's not think of it. And these memories are my weakness.

Morning routine: to go to the dark basement and smirk at the stuggling and almost dead figure of the people who crossed my path. It just soothes my burning heart. To play with them like they were my toy.

But they always angered me. They all hated my hospitality. I take care of them so well. Play with them. No food. Very little water.

Why am I hated? In the end I'm happy. I feel satisfied. That's all is needed. Nothing more.

I don't want hate. I want fear. I want to see the fear in their eyes. Fear of death. To shed their ego in front of me. And I get it every time. Every single time. So, I'm happy.

No one dares to cross my path. The path of Ruhi Atharva. If they do, they get the best of treatment. And I'm the CEO of SathyamShivam Enterprises. The company that belonged to my twin cousins Sathyam and Shivam Atharva. And the boss of Ivy League. More often called as The Queen.. Mafia Queen.

"Ruhi are you ready?" my brother asked as he peeked in.

"Yep" I replied as I looked up at him.

"Roo, you can still back. Go back" he whispered as he sat on my bed, facing me.

"I haven't brushed" I said as I turned away.

"You're still the same Roo. This is not for you" Shivam said as he came in.

"Do you want me to shoot you two down? My morning routine will be satisfied" I hissed in anger as I pulled my gun from under my pillow.

"Your guest is still there. We'll come next" Sathyam snapped and in the end smiled.

"Out now!!" I snapped as I pointed at the door "I'll be there in five minutes" I screamed and they left.

I freshened up and walked out of my room in my black jeans and black crop top with a black leather jacket and black sneakers. Applying bright red lipstick and let my long hair free. I walked into the basement to see Mr. Smith panting hard, trying to free himself from the ropes that held him tight to a chair. I had ordered my men to keep him awake for five days and to not let him sleep a wink. Amit uncle had just splashed a jug of ice cold water at his face and then continued to harshly shake his head. Amit uncle, a man in his mid fifties was a close aid of my late fiancé. And the person I could trust the most.