PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE // SEOUL
김태형 - STIGMA
JJK.

THE LUSTRELESS streets reminded him of his home; where the only life amongst him was the scarce number of people, littering the sidewalk.

drunkards and their whores, heartbroken, lonely fools drunk on suffering–couples in love for only one night.

this was his home now.

though he didn't categorise into any specific group of people here; he was neither drunk nor pained nor lonely. he was a mere phantom drifting alongside the ones he couldn't find the will to relate to.

the YOUNG MAN stumbled through the streets, a dull ache in his chest he couldn't seem to justify.

he'd walk into several people along the way, but didn't ever try to prevent it from happening again. he just briefly glanced at them, and apologised half-heartedly.

yet,
there was one MAN in particular whom he couldn't seem to rinse from his brain even long after he had walked away.

he bumped into the obsidian silhouette of a broad shouldered man, stumbling back slightly. he and the other's eyes locked; that exact split second took what seemed a hundred autumns to pass.

the man's eyes absorbed the minuscule sunset of the nearby street light–the younger shivered

RED.

at the man's gloom-ridden stare. it sent throbbing lightning strikes throughout his veins, a hurricane brewing up within his stomach. the look spoke nothing but evil.

the young male took a few shaky steps back, frowning deeply at the uneasy sensation he got from the ominous man.

"s-sorry..."
he mumbled despondently.

the revenant smirked, nodding him off before evanescing into a dusky alley. the boy fled the scene, the polaroid of piercing, thawed eyes seared behind his own eyelids.

for some unknown reason;
he wanted to see him again,
he wanted to see his eyes.

he felt an unexplainable allure to those sharp dents in the man's shrivelled visage, and he was helpless to fight it.

the eyes clouded his mind–the murky crimson hue that surrounded its pupils, the lifeless call for help. the youth urged to see it again.

he was captivated.