Lady Luck

My parents left the room after a while, to let me rest. I had, apparently, been in a five day coma and I needed to rest to regain my strength. They also could totally feel the awkwardness in the room, I was their kid and I had no idea who they were. Well I knew them, just not as my parents. 

The moment they left the room I got out of the large bed and skipped to the private bathroom mother had informed me about. It was also large and decorated with dark colors, quite alike the Addams family mansion. I quickly went to the sink and put myself on my toes to look at the mirror. 

Yup, white-ish hair and blue eyes. Definitely Mary Sue material.  

I washed my face with cold water and then returned to my room to investigate. As I had noticed before, the room did not look like a child's room. Cold and dark colors, mostly green but the purple in the curtains did light it up a bit. The bed was large, too large to be a child's bed. The few toys in the room were stashed in the corner, in a large chest that was half open. 

I walked towards it and fully opened it. The toys were strange, or maybe they were normal in the wizarding world. There was a stuffed, and very ugly, howl and a stuffed hippogriff. There were also a few books some with drawings, moving drawings with magical creatures, and others with children's stories. I recognized the Tales of Beedle the Bard. 

Closing the chest I moved towards the walk-in closet. Of course super rich purebloods gave their young female children walk-in closets. It was like I had just entered an episode of the Kardashians. 

 The closet was full of small and cute, but old fashioned, dresses. Again, the colors schemes were kind of obvious. Black and green dresses, with the exceptions of a few that were purple, white and silver. 

After I explored enough through the room, I settled back in bed and fell in the arms of Morpheus.

--

Mother woke me up the next day, way to bloody early mind you, and left me a green dress on top of the bed while I took a much needed shower. I should probably mention later that since I'm blonde with blue eyes the color that suits me better is light blue not dark green.

Dobby guided me to the dining room to join the family for breakfast. Of course the moment I walked in my parents stopped talking, and it just got more awkward from there. I was already mid toast when mother piped in. 

"So sweetheart, I know you just woke up and you don't remember anything but your father and I think it's best that you resume your lessons next week." Mother said. 

"Lessons?" I inquired, frowning slightly. Please don't tell me pureblood kids are tortured with lessons everyday, boring

"Yes, great aunt Cassiopeia decided to be in charge of your education one year ago." Mother replied. "You're the only child of the Black family of your generation, after my sister and my cousin well, she wanted to help out. Not to mention she's probably starting to regret never marrying and having kids." 

 My mind searched for the name Cassiopeia Black and the only thing that it came back with was the fact that the woman had died before Sirius escaped in 1993. 

"Very well." I simply replied, it's not like I could say no. Plus these lessons could probably give me extra knowledge about things I needed to know about the wizarding world. "Can I go outside?" 

"You can." Lucius replied, nodding his head. "However you cannot leave the mansion alone, the house elves have been ordered to stop you if you try." 

I nodded in reply and continued to eat my toast silently, wondering if there was a way to bypass the elves. If not for now, at least for later. There was no way in hell I wasn't exploring London in the 90's.