Chapter 18

Sira P. Kanté
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
May 8, 2016

Tonight is a special night, 
Danielle put together a dinner to celebrate my very first modeling gig.

I don't know too many people so it's just me and her. She said she used my phone to call Dominic but he didn't answer. After the last time I called him telling him the good news that Tyra gave me that morning, I just gave up altogether.

Yeah I love him but if he doesn't have the decency to at least pick up the phone while I'm calling he's fine where he is, obviously.

I got dressed and met Danielle at the front door.

"Yess bitch! You looks fine." She egged me on. I did a little spin and dance as she continue to cheer for me.

I laughed. I can't lie, at first I thought I wouldn't like her when she substituted D'Nay's presence, but she actually cool.

And I'm glad she's here while Dominic isn't.

"You look beautiful as well."

"Well you know how I do." she smiled.

"Come on let me take a picture." I did my signature pose. As I heard the camera snap or click whatever you call it I stopped and looked at her phone to see how it turned out.

 As I heard the camera snap or click whatever you call it I stopped and looked at her phone to see how it turned out

"Look at you I'm so proud." She said crying fake tears

"You are such a clown" I said laughing. "It's you who brings out the Clown in me."

" Don't even try to say to you that. You was a clown before you met me"

She straight face me, but then begin to laugh. " Yeah that's true, you right"

"Exactly."

She smacked her lips," let's go before we miss our reservation."

We made our way out the doors of the door apartment and called for taxi. Once we got one , we got in and made our way to Ruth Chris.