Good as it can be

I burst out laughing with a snort, which gets me a few weird looks shot my way. I guess our table is being pretty loud, but we can't help it. School just started back up and it was already great. We had good classes and we got really good seats in the cafeteria. That was all Maya though, she's dating some guy on the football team. She's only doing it so we get in then she's dumping his ass. He's a slobbery kisser.
"Heyyyy, so who's going this weekend? I heard Xander wants you to go, Abbs." Kelley playfully bumps into my side as my face heats up. Xander, he wants me to go? "Uhm he does? And yeah I'm going just I have to use you as a cover. My mom made it clear already I can't go to anymore parties."
           I sighed, thinking about the one I let them have at my house this summer. My parents came home early and it wasn't a good scene to walk into, especially since their daughter was the party entertainment.
         "Well duh." She giggles, "I kinda expected that and my mom thinks I'm at your house. Anywayyyyyy, What are you gonna wear? You gotta look hot if you wanna impress Xander." She winks and I blush again. I don't even know if he really wants me to be there, but I don't wanna be caught off guard.
Sighing again, I ask her, "Well, what do you have planned? And Maya, you're coming right? You can't leave me with Kelley, please." She looks at me and nods, then goes back to sucking face with Liam or Kyle, I forget his name. The lunch bell rings, and a crowd rushes to the door, all pushing past to get to their lockers or class.
         Kelley grabs my arm and pulls me to the side. "Hey, meet me by my locker before you leave, we'll walk together to your house then mine, I gotta grab some stuff and then we'll go to Maya's." I nod and head off to History.
The teacher, Mr.Wolk, was blabbing on as I thought more about Xander. Does he really want me to go? Sure, we made out some. But he's not exactly the dating type. I space off and it takes me a couple seconds to realize Mr.Wolk called on me. "Excuse me, Ms.Baskle, do you need to move to the front? Or will you knock off that daydreaming?" His voice boomed, but I didn't flinch. Some guys snickered as I answered. "Well, you see. I was just thinking about how life would be back when there was still Colonies. It would all be so different. Maybe we should go back to that?"
          Mr.Wolk gave me a weird look and shook his head. "If you say so, but think about that on your own time. Now as I was saying......" I zone him out and think about what I'm gonna wear tonight. I don't wanna look slutty but I wanna look hot. With my vibrant green eyes and curly brown hair to my advantage, it's not hard to look hot. Plus I have Kelley's great taste to help me figure it out.
I blink as the bell rings, I haven't heard a thing he said. Oh well, I'll make the work up later. I'm in all AP classes expect biology, which I thought I should take CP because science isn't my thing. None of my friends are in AP except Nick and I only have three classes with him. One of them being next period, my final and most humiliating, gym.
               I'm not out of shape or really gangly. I'm just so uncoordinated. When I was ten I begged my mom to sign my up for gymnastics. A month in, I broke my leg. It was kind of a lose-win thing. It sucked cuz I broke my leg and I'm so uncoordinated that I had to be in a wheel chair for a lil over two months. But it was a win because I hated it and my mom wasn't gonna let me just quit. And it was pretty nice getting all that attention.
             I rush into the locker room and put on my gym clothes as the late bell rings. I sneak a look at the board Ms.Lakik has beside the door. Yay, I get to spend 40 more minutes with Nick. It's a mix class, which means guys and girls are together.
          I walk into the gym and see Nick with a bunch of his football buddies. Great, here comes the teasing about our nonexistent relationship. Nick smiles when he catches my gaze and pulls me into a tight friendly hug. "Ooohh, Nick's with a hottie. You tryna share that sweetness?" Jamie asks and I feel my face heat up.
       "Hey come on guys, you know I don't share." Nick laughs and I shake my head. "You can't really share what isn't yours." I look around trying not to crack a smile as the guys tease Nick some more. "Ooohhh dude she got you." Hudson's annoyingly high voice echoes throughout the gym.
        "Okay class, time to do warmups." Ms.Lakik shouts to both classes and goes back to flirting with Mr.Smith. I look at Nick and he already knows what I'm thinking. "I'll beat you to the other side." "Oh you're on midget."
                                       *********************************