2

"So come on, what's the plan, Batman?" Davis asked, frothing at the bit that he had been invited to go somewhere with Max. Max stared at him pointedly as they walked down the corridor toward the entrance of the large tower block that they lived in. Max pushed open the door, ignoring the looks he was receiving from other people that hung around, all looking ready for a brawl with anyone who dared step in the wrong direction. Max and Davis stepped into the cool late morning sunshine and looked about them, needing to find something or some way of getting into town. While the city centre was within walking distance to most, Max didn't consider forty minutes walking distance.

"Beer, females, sunshine." Max spelled out and Davis's grin widened before he looked at Max again. Max was freshly released from prison, and in nearly seven years, the only attention he got from females was the butch prison guard Martha, and the chick he banged the night before. He needed to add a few more notches onto his bed before he even began to think about settling down.

"Food too." Davis said, making Max laugh.

"Food as well." Max chuckled as he continued looking around, confused. He began to notice the emptiness of where he was, and the lack of transportation. There were no bus stops as far as he could see, and he had yet to see a taxi or even a car drive up the road.

"What are you looking for?" Davis asked, making Max stare at him.

"Where the hell is the bus stop?" Max asked, making Davis burst out laughing. He watched as Davis doubled over, clutching his sides as he laughed so hard and Max frowned.

"Wheres the-" he continued to laugh "Bus stop!" Max frowned at his rudeness and wanted to hit him, but knew that it wouldn't be a good plan, especially not in front of a building full of criminals. "There ain't no public transport coming this way Max. Think about who we are, and what this street is." Davis said once he finally sobered up enough to form a coherent sentence. Max frowned and realization crossed his face. Of course no public transport would come this way, no one would if they could avoid doing so.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. Isn't that discrimination?"

"Discrimination? What on earth are you talking about? We ain't got no rights here. We get no food deliveries, taxi's don't come on this estate, hell the police don't half the time! It's no mans land. No one comes on here unless they live on here." Davis explained and Max looked around. Wow, he though the place was bad enough, but knowing that the only social networks you would be able to get here was with other criminals, Max decided there and then he needed to move as soon as possible.

"That's shit." Max murmured, looking down. It didn't seem as bad as Davis was saying, but judging by the lack of normal members of the public and tha t, Max had the unfortunate feeling that he was not lying at all. "Where is the bus stop then?" Max asked and Davis looked at him, frowning as he tried to think.

"Two blocks over." he said, looking at Max. Max sighed and began walking. "That way!" Davis said and Max stopped, looking at his hand that was pointing in the opposite direction to the one that Max had been walking in. Max laughed and turned to walk in the direction Davis was pointing and Davis followed along side.

"How much has the city changed then?" Max asked and Davis shrugged. Max looked around him at the repetitive tower blocks, all consisting of ten floors on each and all a very similar greyish colour. He hoped that the city wasn't the same, other wise it would destroy his memories of it when he was a teenager. He loved going into the city with his girlfriend, buying a pizza and sitting on a bench and watching the world go by, but if it was all stark and plain, like this street was, he would be a bit lost.

"Not a lot. More slags now." he said and Max rolled his eyes at the way this man thought. Not that Max was any better, but when someone asks how much a place has changed, he wouldn't have responded by pointing out the growth in number of slags. He would have said something constructive, like how many new shops, pubs or attractions there were. But to some, like Max and Davis, slags were an attraction. One that they knew today, they wouldn't push away. The plan for them was to go out and play 'grab a slag' although they secretly were in competition to see who would be able to pull the most girls, and who could pull the best looking.

"Any major changes, except girls?" Max asked and Davis laughed at him again. Max frowned as he looked at the new friend he had acquired and sighed slightly. Maybe going out with Davis wasn't such a good idea, Max thought as Davis stopped laughing and actually thought about the question he had been asked. Max smiled at the fact that he had pulled Davis' head out of the gutter for about thirty seconds so that he could actually tell Max what had happened since he went inside.

"Walmart was burnt down, there was a riot, a new mall about three years ago, and they have a massive barbecue place now, that is fucking amazing!" Davis laughed as he looked at Max. "Was that what you wanted to hear?" he mocked, making Max roll his eyes yet again.

"Better." he said, thinking about the food place Davis had previously mentioned. "Where is this food place you mentioned?" Max asked and laughed as Davis' eyes lit up in glee.

"It's in town. We will go there before we hit the town." he said, a large grin on his face. "The waitresses are as smokin' as the grill too." he said, a perverted grin on his face as he looked at Max, his bushy eyebrows wriggling about. Max smiled as he thought about the food rather than the girls. He hadn't had a proper rump steak or burger or ribs in years, and his mouth began salivating at the thought of juicy meat, dripping with all kinds of unimaginable flavours exploring his taste buds.

"Just the thought of hot juicy meat is enough to make me not need sex for a wek." Max laughed at what he said and Davis laughed too, earning a dirty look from a woman and a child as they walked past, entering a different and much nicer looking street. Max figured the dirty look was from the comment he made, but Davis knew otherwise. He was used to the looks from women as he walked off of the criminals estate and it didn't bother him, but it might have bothered Max if he knew what the look was really for.

"Mate, their meat is to die for." Davis said, only adding to the salivation he was experiencing as they neared the bus stop. They sat down in the shelter and looked at the two girls that were giggling as soon as they came within earshot. Max rolled his eyes slightly but Davis on the other hand, he was like a dog on heat. Davis shamelessly checked both girls out, who were young enough to be his daughters, but nonetheless carried on undressing each girl with his eyes. Both girls seemed quite unpby it though, and this confused Max slightly. They looked to be about sixteen, and they were wearing short dresses that left nothing to the imagination whatsoever. While Max enjoyed the sight of a pretty woman in next to nothing at the end of his bed, he didn't want to look at the two children in the way Davis was, so he kept looking at the cars that sped past. They sat silently, listening to the girls whispering and the occasional roar of a load car go by until the bus came.hased

"Two uh," Davis looked at Max.

"Singles." Max said and Davis nodded.

"Singles to the bus station, please mate." he said to the bus driver and he nodded curtly, not liking the fact that Davis had called him 'mate'. He handed the money over to the driver and then took the tickets, handing one to Max before they walked down the bus to some seats that were in the middle of the bus.

"You ready for your first day of freedom?" Davis asked Max, a massive grin on his face.

"Ready." he replied as the bus began to pull away, with Max and Davis grinning like idiots.