Kuroba Toichi

Kaito, I'm going to teach you the secret of being a magician. To begin with, do you know what the most important thing for a magician is?

Before you do a trick, you must never explain what's going to happen. That's one of the principles of magic, as laid out by the great Thurston.

Magic tricks and magic spells can both be considered "magic", but they're completely different.

As the famous magician, Al Baker once said, "Don't run away before they chase you". If given a chance, the audience will begin to doubt us magicians. However, if you fear their gaze, you'll definitely make a mistake. A first-rate magician never fears being scrutinized. You can trust in your own ability.

Kaito, in order to continue being a magician, there is something you must never forget. That is a child's heart. By the time you realize that, you'll be an adult.

When you're unsure about which way to take a trick, the greatest tool at your disposal is reverse psychology. A magician must always outwit his audience. If you get stuck on an idea, then you'll just have to take it in the opposite direction.

Challenging hecklers who interfere with your magic are always a pain to deal with. Thinking you'll floor them right away is the height of foolishness. Magic is not a battle. It's something that entertains many people. You can divide challenging audience members into two groups. The first type wants to stand out more than the magician. All you can do to deal with that sort of person is silence them. And then there's a type that is so curious, they can't stand not knowing the trick, even if it means interfering with the magic. For them, don't be bound by theory, but intoxicate them with a display of brilliant magic that verges on the impossible...If you can do that, your troublesome heckler will turn into an ardent fan. This is how a true magician ought to be.

Kaito...Finally, I'll just say this to you once more. Remember it well. When you come in contact with the audience, it's the scene of a duel. Never be arrogant. Never underestimate them. See into their minds. Give undivided concentration to your fingertips. Use every trick you know. On top that, never lose your smile or dignity. And at all times...remember your poker face.

When a performer continues to have strong conviction, true showmanship lies within.

At the very end, I want to leave you with these words. If you can imagine it, you can create it. The words of a great magician describing his attitude when he comes up with a new trick. This also applies to an entertainer who aims to reach even higher heights. And with your conviction, if you aim for something, I have faith that you'll reach it.

"Don't forget your poker face."

A/N: For a character that barely made an appearance and have this many quotes, this is awesome.