Chapter 1

As I walk out of the shop I feel the summer heat hit my face. I look around- I see people everyone rushing in and out of stores with bags piling up in their hands.

I sigh as I walk down the main street bumping into people from all directions. I see some of my co-workers and we wave and smile. I feel my smile drop as I walk away. I keep walking down the path. I find my car and slowly get into it and turn the air conditioner on as soon as I get in. putting the keys in I start up the car and feel the cool air hit my face. With relief I drive down the road. It takes 30 minutes to get home.

But I can't call it home without you there. I feel tears sliding down my cheeks hitting my lap. You had to leave near Christmas and break my heart. I stop at a red light and brush my tears away. Get yourself together Violet I say to myself as I keep driving.

Once I got home I dump my shopping in the kitchen and make sure I put all the refrigerated things in the fridge. I'm having my father and brother over tomorrow for Christmas since they are the only family I have left.

My brother is 2 years younger than me and is in university. My father works in sales and sells mostly cars. All of us are very close and we try to get together as much as we can but we all are busy and don't have that much time to spare.  My mother never sees us, she left one day and we never saw her again.

I am an art designer and design all sorts of posters and product labels for companies it gets very stressful around christmas because of all the shops that want special desgins for christmas.