Chapter Two - Meet the High Seas

"Hey, uh, Cap'n," The red head was inspecting the Fae that Rune held in his arms, "we should get her on the ship. Looks like she could kick the bucket any minute now." Although he hated to admit it, his first mate was correct. The child needed food and water in her.

"Agreed, Ve." He was practically giddy with his newfound possession, unlike the creature he held in his arms. He hooked one arm under the Fae's legs, lifting her up to carry her bridal style as he ordered the rest of the crew to get to the skids so they could head back to the ship. The girl was much lighter than anticipated. She probably had hollow bones or something of the sort to help her with flying, like a bird would. Although, her wings resembled those of insects and not birds. However, that was not important at the moment as he headed towards the skid. Getting food and water into the kid before she keeled over was top priority.

Rune began thinking about where he was going to put the Faerie. He decided that the best place would be his cabin, he didn't want any of his handsy crew to mess with his new pet. Perhaps he would get an iron cage commissioned somewhere to put her in. Many plans fluttered through the captain's mind as he sat on the bench, oars slapping the water as he finally noticed the trembling form in his arms. He leaned into a pointed ear and whispered, "W'ats 'he matter, Faerie? 'Fraid o' some water?" He chuckled.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lyra jumped at being adressed to so suddenly, "N-no.." She managed to stutter out, lying straight to his face. "I-it's just water.." Sam had always told her to never reveal any secrets about their kind. It's the reason why they lived so long - they never told anyone outside of their kind their weaknesses. Especially the humans. Humans were foul creatures, fickle and wanting everything to themselves.

She heard the captain chuckle as they reached the ship, immediately being pulled up to it. When they reached the deck, the captain climbed over the railing with ease, heavy boots thumping on the wood. The rest of the crew got closer to see the Faerie, but not too close so they wouldn't risk punishment, seeing the possessive gleam in those blue orbs of Rune's. He set Lyra down, an arm around her waist so she wouldn't tumble around.

She had no experience on a ship, and with the shackles on her wrists weighing her down more, she stumbled around with the rock as the waves churned against the side of the ship. The captain nudged her back, "Welcome to your new home, the Cipher." Looking around the deck of the ship, she saw things she didn't know the names of. Large, wooden poles stuck out of it, towering over her with large, pieces of cloth attached to them. There were other things on the ship as well, and she decided on just asking about them later.

The crew had gathered in a circle around them and the captain yelled, "Now men, why don't we give 'he newest member a Rune Holt welcome?" Instantly there was a loud roar as the crew stomped their feet, hollared, screamed and jeered, all sounding like mad men, and to be part of Rune's crew, you had to be at least so. Tears sprung to Lyra's eyes as she clearly couldn't handle the volume of the noise. However, she couldn't cover her ears to escape it because of the shackles holding her wrists in place, so she just had to tough it out. After what seemed like ages, Rune raised a hand to cut off the noise, smirking as he asked, "So what's yer name, little girlie?"

Lyra swayed on the spot, head pounding, and unused to to the rocking of the ship. She was exhausted and terrified from being surrounded by not only the mass of people, but the large body of water as well. When she didn't answer right away, she felt a shove at her shoulder and she stumbled forward a bit. "L-Lyra.." She squeaked out, voice small. After a few moments of silence, the crew bursted out into boisterous laughter. Her face heated up from embarrassment and she looked at the ground. "Lyra? Must be some kind of Fae name!" The redhead teased. Pressing her lips together, the brunette refused to elaborate further.

These humans were horrible. She even heard Rune laughing as her vision swam in and out of focus. Everything was spinning around her and she tried her best to stay stay upright.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rune realized the girl was pulling away from him before noticing that it wasn't because she was trying to escape. The poor Fae could hardly stand up, she just teetered around on the ship. He huffed, realizing the child wasn't going to be able to walk more than a few feet. Pulling her up in the same position as before, he got a few wolf whistles in response from the crew. He smirked, winking, and called out to Jackson, "'Ey, bring some food and a small barrel of water to my cabin. A little bit of everything. I don't know what these things eat. We wouldn't want our new good luck charm dying on us, now would we?"

With a quick smirk, the captain hopped down to his cabin. He kicked open the door, setting the girl on his bed. Her green-no, blue- wait, what? Her eyes changed colour? He took a good look at her eyes, "What colour are they, girlie? I can't tell." The Fae's eyes widened and she looked down, muttering, ".. Green.." Rune frowned, eyes narrowing as he investigated them more. There was a knock on the door, interrupting the captain from asking anymore questions. Jackson entered the room with the food, setting it on the table inside before retreating out of the cabin.

Picking up the plate of food, the young captain wandered over to Lyra, putting the plate on the bed and instead picking the child up. He sat on  the bed, setting the Fae in his lap; he grabbed a fork with some beef on it, holding it up to her mouth. Lyra turned her face away, refusing to be fed by the human. Rune rolled his eyes and ate it himself, taunting the Faerie.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lyra's stomach growled loudly as she watched the captain eat the food that was meant for her. She had initially turned away from it because the Fae were quite proud creatures - their prideful nature typically getting them into plenty of trouble. When she finally couldn't take watching the man eat the food, she mumbled, stuttering, "C-can I have s-some..?"

The human raised an eyebrow, a smirk clear on his face. He fed her a little bit of everything, which she enjoyed all of the food. It tasted like Heaven to the girl, most likely because it had been awhile since she last ate. He put a cup of water to her lips, which she greedily drank, though most of it spilt on her shirt.

After she had been fed, Rune looked out the window, seeing the sun had started to set. He set the tray of food outside the door, going to the bed and lying down. The Fae watched him as he patted the spot next to him, ".. I can sl-sleep on the floor.." His face turned a little mad, "No, you can sleep right here next to me." He demanded.

She sighed, figuring she was not going to win the argument, and slid onto the bed. Rune wrapped his arms around her to make sure she wouldn't escape. This is going to be a long night... The Fae thought, staying awake as long as she could.

-----------------------------------------------------------

There you have it! The second chapter of my story! It took a long time to write, and I'm sorry it's so short.

I have big plans for this story, but I'm having a hard time getting there~ But it will get done.

As always, please comment and vote, feedback really helps

xoxoxo,

Zilver🌺