8

Its the next morning. Still no phone calls from my mum. And its 10:30am and ethan's not here. Great.

I was dressed up in ethan's grey sweatpants (that he let me have because i find it comfy and also i have no more comfy pants since i was too lazy to do laundry) and a singlet with some comfy cardigan.

I grabbed a cup of hot chocolate wondering where is ethan. Did he decided to not show up after what i said last night? I got to admit that what i said last night was a result of pure frustration and now that i've cooled down it did came off pretty rude and offensive. I dont know if i should hope that ethan would be here because i'm still mad at him but then again i cant stop thinking of him.

I walked towards the door because my instincts said so and right when i opened it, there he is snoozing as he laid against the wall right infront of my door. I looked at him and noticed that it was the same outfit he wore last night. Dont tell me he actually slept here last night. I decided to wake him up by snapping my fingers and he woke up when he saw my face near his. He got up immediately and murmured a sorry.

I looked at him and but he tried to avoid eye contact with me.

"Did you just sle--, you know what forget it, just get in a go change i think you've left a couple clothes here" i told him as he went inside my apartment. I only then realised that he was sleepwalking until he bumped into the wall not far from the door and instantly woke up from his sleep. I closed my mouth so that i could prevent myself my laughing but he then looked at me and gave a tired smile, probably proud of himself that he made me smile. We both looked at each other for awhile and my notification alarm went on making him quickly get into the bathroom to freshen himself up. I looked at the message from my cousins saying that they're on their way to send lil michael to my apartment.

After a few minutes, ethan is finally finished and sat infront of me. Right when he was about to start a conversation the doorbell rang and i thanked god for that. I got up and opened the door to sadly see lil michael sleeping in the arms of warner.

Warner came in and put michael on the sofa and saying that they have to rush because their uber is waiting downstairs. We exchanged goodbyes and then im left with Ethan and a sleeping michael. Wow okay.

"Can you stop avoiding me"

"Im not avoiding you"

"You were just about to look at michael then you saw me and you went to kitchen, and when i came to the kitchen you decided to go to your room all of a sudden"

"Its my house, im allowed to do anything i want to do."

"Mare please can we just talk about this"

"What is it to talk ethan? One minute you're insulting me right to my face and another you out of a sudden became nice to me. I am confused ethan. Dont you know it hurts? Being played like this"

"Dont you think it hurts me the fact that you're playing with my heart."

I paused and looked at his face which had a hurt expression.

"You know what? I am done with you ethan, you can go you know? You dont need to do this, i can always tell them that we had a bad fight and we broke off. I could end this and you dont need to see me anymore okay."

"Mare dont"

"WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME ETHAN" i accidently shouted.

"Aunty are you okay?" Both mine and ethan's head turned to a sleepy michael.

I wiped my tears and walked to him. "Yeah im okay. How's my favourite little nephew feeling?" I asked him.

"Why are you crying?" He looked at me weirdly. I wanted to answer him but a sob came out instead making me look worst. I looked at ethan hoping he could help out with michael. Instantly ethan walked towards the lil boy and carried him.

"Let's go watch some cartoons! Let your aunty get some rest okay?"

Michael hesitated and looked at me. I nodded at him with a smile telling him that its okay. Michael then nodded at ethan and that made ethan carrying him towards the living room without looking at me.

I sat at the counter of the kitchen trying to calm myself.

"You are not weak mare, you cant let a guy break you. You are strong and you dont deserve to be treated this way. You are more than this"

After a few minutes, i was about to join them but i stopped when i heard ethan talking to michael.

"Hey mickey, do you know whats the worst thing that could ever happen to you when you grow up?"

"What?"

"Hurting the person you love the most." He paused. "It sucks when the person you love the most is hurting because of you, and that you're the reason of her pain."

Michael looked at him and stayed silent.

"Promise me you'll never do the same mistake as i did okay bud, promise me you'll take care of your loved ones, mostly you'll take care of your aunt for me when im gone."