Chapter 2

Present time - March 4, 2017

That night Layla never called about needing a ride as she responsibly took a taxi, but it didn't help my attempt for sleep as she stayed over the toilet all night.

"You probably gave yourself alcohol poisoning," I said leaning against the wall near the toilet, holding up Layla's hair in one hand as she finished her next set of puking.

"This is so disgusting." She groaned, spitting in the toilet as an attempt to get the revolting taste out of her mouth.

"I'm sure it could be worse," I said lightly and she only groaned again.

"What time is it?"

I glanced at my watch located on my right wrist. "A little after five." I said and she gasped.

"Awe, Lain. I'm so sorry." She said covering her shaky hands with her face.

I rolled my eyes, "You should know by now that there is nothing more important that I'd rather be doing, so don't worry about it." I said dropping her hair and handing her the glass of water I set on the sink counter.

"Gosh, I should just marry you. I swear if some guy doesn't wife you up then I promise I personally will. I mean you're seriously perfect." She said gratefully before gulping a majority of the glass down.

"So you've said," I said with a small smile.

"Do you have any classes today? You should get some sleep."

I shook my head," Sleep won't be coming anytime soon. If you're feeling well enough to be alone, then I'm gonna go grab us a cup of coffee." I said and she nodded giving me a thumbs up.

"Nothing on earth sounds better." She replied and I couldn't help but agree. I glanced at my appearance in the mirror and it was a sight that definitely wasn't meant for any stranger. My hair was still pin straight from earlier in the day or rather yesterday, but my white bralette was fully exposed with my silk unbuttoned blue shirt and the short shorts that were lace on the ends.

Deciding that changing would be a better option, I shrugged off my pajamas and put on a a shirt and a pair of white overalls. I then slid on a pair of black shoes and grabbed my wallet before checking on Layla who was now washing her face.

"I'll be right back, L." I said and she looked back at me, water dripping from her face.

"Get me an extra shot of caffeine in that bitch." She said causing me to chuckle.

"Of course, anything for you." I joked before deciding to take my exit.

I headed out the dorm and walked down the long hallway before going down the stairs and out the building. The streets around the dorms were unsurprisingly dark as most people were probably trying to catch up on the few hours of sleep they had until their first class, or they were just arriving back from whatever big party that was being held.

I walked with my hands in my pockets, making my way to the coffee shop on campus that was open all night due to the few who took night classes and needed a caffeine run. When I entered the building I headed straight to the front where the counter and register was, moving from the part that held computers.

"A large coffee just black and a medium white mocha cappuccino for Alaina." I said while looking at the menu above the girl.

"Anything else?" She asked and I shook my head, taking my card out of my wallet. I glanced at the price before swiping my card. Once the black letters appeared stating it was approved, I returned my card to my wallet before waiting patiently for the lady to make the two drinks.