Blue Ribbons

I wake up on the sand at the bottom of the sea floor and look up. The sun streams through the small holes in the ceiling of the cavern. Sighing I roll over and unlatch the ball and chain attached to my purple and gold tail to keep me from floating around the cavern. I swim up to a sparkling crystal and look into one of the fragments. Through the fragment i see soldiers swim hungrily looking for fellow waterbenders to kill. Ever since our Queen died in an accident with a waterbender the King has ordered all benders killed. That was why I was hiding, my step-father had threatened to give me up to the king, for the money prize of course and my mom had died a year ago, my brother had been away with the rebellion since I was ten years old. Now 4 years later I'm a fugitive and I'm alone. I grab the crystal and swim down to my satchel inside are surface clothes for my escape. I have never even been near the surface because it's forbidden for mermaids to go to the surface world for fear of firebenders but quite honestly it's safer than in the ocean at the moment. I swim around my secret cavern and make sure I have everything. Once im sure I do I swim down to the exit and swirl my arms around to form bubbles to lift up the rock that was locking me in the cavern. I quickly swim out and gently lower the rock back down. I swim through the square north towards the melenia tide,to take me to the nearest deserted island. Keeping my head down I try to avoid soldiers. I look to the left and the right then swim for it. Hey you! A soldier yells and points at me. Shit, y-yes sir I swim tentatively closer. We are ordered to search people's bags and yours just got picked. Uh oh, my surface clothes are in the bag. Well here goes nothing I sigh but as I move to take off my bag the soldier is shot over my arm in the head. Dead, blood flowing out of his head, the other soldiers in his troop close in me. I'm surrounded suddenly, my eyesight turns blue and focuses I feel an enormous amount of power flow through my body I look down and see bright blue ribbons snake around me then they lay on my skin in an exquisite design forming crescent moons on the backs of my hands, a crown and swirls all around my body. As the ribbons glow I feel the water around me move. Suddenly all the guards around me are unconscious and halfway across the square. My eyesight flickers from blue to normal as the ribbons lose control of my body. I fall and everything goes black as I feel a pair of strong arms pick me up. I try to fight but lose consciousness before I can even grasp what is going on.