4

"Come to the party, Frey?" Grayson asks as he sits up.

"Why?" The thought of parties made me cringe. Drunken people everywhere grinding on each other while doing all sorts of drugs to the sound of the DJ playing last year's top hits. Gatherings were always so much better, having your group of friends with you while you sit around the fire drinking and smoking to the sound of people laughing at your lame stories and jokes.

"You said you haven't been to a party in ages. You have got to come."

"Fine, we can go but I'm not drinking"

Grayson fake gasps and places his hand over his widened mouth, "You, Freya Stenlow, is not drinking at the party?"

I laugh as I get up from the cold concrete with Grayson following my actions. We walk down the incline and down the tracks to the small ledge I jump down. The darkness indicating that is was now somewhat into the night made the ledge just visible. Grayson pulls himself with his legs getting him up in just one try then offers me a hand. I say I'm fine and pull myself up just like he did.

"Where's the party?" I ask.

"Don't you want to go home and change into something nice like every other girl there?" he laughs but I take the joke more as an insult.

"I'm sorry but doesn't my ripped jeans and black tee look appealing enough for you?" I say rather harshly making him shake his head vigorously and apologise over and over.

----

The walk to the party took longer than expected. I thought it was nearby and closer to town but for once the party hosts where smart enough to hold it in a location it that I won't get shut down straight away. On a farm.

I had seen my fair share of a straight road and endless amount of my trees for my lifetime. The dirt track leading up to the house tatted the end of my jeans and had dirtied my new white converses.

"You sure you don't' want one of my drinks?" Grayson asks for the hundredth time tonight. I reject his offer as he opens his 3rd can and we step into the yard where the party is held.

The DJ had set himself up in a large shed which had at least 60 people consuming alcohol and dancing on the aged concrete surrounding him, a few metres of thick green hedges blocked the entrance to the house, hay bales had been placed at different spots in the yard already occupied by horny teenagers sticking their tongues down each other throats and the very few other sheds there had people coming in and out smoking and tumbling over their own feet.

"You should come meet one of my mates!" he says excitedly tugging my arm over to the left shed.

The smell of cigarette smoke and weed engulf our senses as we step into the shed. The space was crammed to the max with people lining the walls while they laugh and inhale the substances in the bongs, joints and cancer sticks. Packets of open and closed crisps have been scattered across the ground. This would feel like where I belong if it wasn't for the sleazy guys trying to suck on every girl.

Grayson waves his friend over to leave the shed with us as we step outside the metal shelter. After I had exited, I turn around and I'm been greeted to his friend.

"This is Finn. Finn, this Freya." Grayson happily introduces us. As I go to shake Finn's hand, he comes in for a hug and wraps his arms around me briefly. During those few seconds I am shaken with a strong scent of cologne and his built figure. I pull away to see Grayson standing there awkwardly and Finn with a smile across his face.

His dark brown hair had been tied up in a top knot, his slightly tanned skin was plastered with tattoos and his dark brown eyes were piercing into me. Right now I was unsure if I should feel intimidated or not.