Untitled Part 8

Kagome didn't want to sing, but her name had been drawn, the other boys had already sang. She had found it highly amusing.

They all didn't have the best of voices but they had taken it and sang and had fun all the while laughing and poking fun, good naturally, at one another.

It was now her turn, and she was looking through the play list. She hadn't seen anything that really stuck out to her.

She never really been able to sing karaoke before. The only time she really sang is when she was by herself sketching or gardening...or even in the shower! Never in-front of people.

Seeing a song that sounded interesting, and she had hears Sango talking about the artist before, "Taylor Swift" she had heard of her at-least.

She clicked the first song and took a deep breath, and waited for the person before her to be done. It was Karaoke for the whole part of the cafe, so everyone had their names written down...and now it was her turn.

The girl walked off the stage and handed her the mic, "Don't worry, it's fun once you get the in the groove of things." the girl gave her a small smile when Kagome gave her a questionable glance.

"You look nervous...just go out and have fun." then the girl walked off leaving Kagome to herself as she quietly walked onto the stage and the music started to play.

Taking a deep breath she brought the microphone close to her lips and softly began to sing.

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said "I'll never let you go"

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and past tonight.

Her voice started to get stronger as she continued to read the lyrics off the screen, as she thought, 'This is kind fun.' a light blush still was present on her cheeks as she saw all the attention her voice was getting.

She just hoped it was the good kind of attention.

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Her voice was strong as she glanced around, everyone was watching her. It made her nervous but she kept her eyes on the screen trying to block it all out.

It was fun, and that girl told her just have fun.

That is what she was going to do.

A smile spread across her lips as she continued on with the song.

Don't you dare look out your window

Darling everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby

Even when the music's gone

gone

Kagome glanced around the bar and her eyes caught the girl she talked to before coming on, and smiled. The girl gave her a smirk and a thumbs up.

Just close your eyes