Me And Him

We left the cottage and went back to the house 2 weeks later. When we got there, Anna squeezed me tight. Mark and her both apologized for not helping me. I accepted there apology but Ash was still a little upset.

"You need to forgive them Ash."

"WHY WOULD I FORGIVE THEM! THEY LEFT YOU! YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO IS UPSET ANYWAYS!"

"Okay, number one, stop shouting, you're gonna wake up the neighborhood. Number two, I told you why I'm not upset already. I want to give them the chance to be human. They will make mistakes and fix them too. Besides, if I don't let them make mistakes, then they won't let me make mine. And I don't want to lose my family to mistakes."

"Fine. Maybe you're right. I'll.......TRY to forgive them."

I stop walking and hug him.

"Thanks."

He drops his bag to the ground and gives me a weird look.

"Uhhhhhh. I-I think that we should be going to sch-"

He grabs my face and gives me a quick kiss.

"Your so kind."

"Uhhhhhhhhh............t-t-thanks?"

"Let me ask you something."

"Y-yeah."

"Why don't you want to tell anyone about how we feel about each other?"

"Because no one is gonna keep there mouth shut. They'll spread the rumor, and one day, Cosette will find out about this."

"Well.........fine. I just don't want anyone to think about hurting you in anyway. If they know how much I care for you, then they won't even think about laying a finger on you."

"We can let it out soon. For now, I'm lucky if she doesn't hurt me while she thinks we're just friends."

Me and Ash were always shy to talk about anything "official". For now, we just know of each other's feelings. We are trying to go out together sometimes.........but it's just so awkward for us. We enter the school together. I'm nervous because ever since we started living together, I can't get through one day without being harassed by everyone. Everyone was staring and whispering. I speed up and Ash could tell why so he did too.

We get to our lockers and put away our stuff. Ash has all of the same classes. First was quoir. I always was shy to sing in front of everyone. I sat in my seat and began taking out my music.

"Attention everyone! I am proud to present a new system that we will begin! Every month, I will pair you guys up with someone or make you be by yourself to sing a song that all of you will agree on together! You will have 2 weeks to practice! You will then perform in front of the school in the auditorium!"

Oh no. This is going to be the worst 2 weeks of my life. I'm gonna embarrass myself in front of everyone.

"Okay! Sarah and Abby! Taylor and Jacob! Seth and Alex! Dante, you will be doing a solo! Ha-"

He went on and on and on. I was last. I closed my eyes and hoped for the best.

"And last but not least.............Sage and Ash!"