Chapter 7: Pleasantly Surprised (Picture of Loft)

"Kai..." I could feel Zac's minty breath wash over the left side of my cheek as the back of his index finger caressed my face. "We're here, it's time to wake up beautiful."

I wanted to wake up, but my body felt so heavy and my mind couldn't focus. Ugh...I felt like pure crap!

"Kai, c'mon baby it's time to get up." Zac cooed in my ear as he shook me gently. Maybe if I pretend to stay asleep, he'll carry me in!

"Carry me, please?" I mumbled pathetically as I opened my eyes a tiny slit and pouted out my lips.

Zac chuckled softly and leaned in to brush his lips against mine, causing my lips to tingle. "Ok, but I want you to open your eyes so you can see your surprise." He ordered as he opened his car door and got out.

I forced my eyes open and looked around. Where the hell are we? I thought he said we were going home? This doesn't look like home to me...but then again I'm drunk.

My car door opened up and Zac's handsome face popped down into my view. "Where are we?" I asked a bit confused as I stared up at a high rise building that looked vaguely familiar. We were near our parent's condo's in the city...that much I did know.

A grin spread across his lips as he reached in unbuckled my seat belt and placed one arm under my legs and the other across my back. "Are you surprised?"

My eyebrows creased in uncertainty. "Where are we, Zac?" I asked again in hopes he would give me an answer this time. "What're we doing here?"

"You'll see." Was the only response I got out of Zac as he made his way into the building. Why was he bringing me here? Were we visiting someone? All that was in these high rises were really expensive loft style apartments.

Zac made his way into the building, the doorman who opened the door greeted us with, "Good evening Mr. Sullivan."

"Evening Mr. Jackson." Zac answered with a nod of his head. "Thank you."

"I take it this is the misses?" Mr. Jackson asked with a knowing smile.

I looked between the both of them confused as hell. How did they know each other and what did he mean by I take it this is the misses?

Embarrassed that Zac was still carrying me in his arms like a child, I whispered into his ear. "You can put me down Zachy."

He looked at me with a playful glint in his eyes as he placed me onto my feet. Immediately wrapping his arm around the front on my waist and pulling me close against his chest. "Kai, this is Mr. Jackson."

"Hello Mr. Jackson, pleasure to meet you." I answered sticking out my hand for him to shake. Suddenly I was feeling much more sober than I was a few minutes ago.

Mr. Jackson took my hand bringing the back of it up to his lips placing the gentlest of kisses there, while he bowed down a bit. "The pleasure is all mine, you're as beautiful as Mr. Sullivan said you are."

I could feel my cheeks heating up at the thought of Zac telling people I was beautiful. Here I was thinking he didn't want to be with me anymore, because he was being distant. "Thank you." I answered in a small voice.

Zac led me over to the elevators where we got on and he pushed the highest floor there was...50. Why were we going to the 50th floor of this building. I glanced over my shoulder at him with a raised eyebrow, but just looked down at me with a grin.

When the elevator dinged, Zac led me down the hall and stopped in front of a door with 8 on front of it. He fished into his pocket and produced a key....what the hell?!? Why does he have a key to one of these places?