Chapter One - My life

After school, I always visit my mom's grave to pay my respects. I usually talk to her for about 30 minutes before I walk home. I open the front door and see the usual scene of Dad sitting in his recliner, passed out with a beer in hand. I walk quietly, trying not to wake him. I take carefully planned steps, trying not to make a sound. Any little sound could wake him, and that's going to get a really big argument started, and they never end too well for me. I finally got to the stairs and, still trying to be quiet, slowly walk upstairs to my room. When I know I'm in the clear, I walk normally to my room and softly shut my door. I lie on my bed and look at picture of my mom that I have on my nightstand. I have always wonder who would kill such a loving, caring mother and wife. And the answer is always the same, a monster with no life, trying to ruin a good family. I eventually fall asleep with it in my arms.

I wake up to my dad screaming my full name.
"ALEXANDER TAZ SMITH! GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!" He said, fiercely.

Either he's out of beer, or I did something wrong, both ending with me having a black eye or worse.
I get out of bed, praying that he doesn't hit me as hard as usually he does. I see him standing at the front door as I walk down the stairs.

"Yes, Dad?" I say, trying to sound as polite as I can.

"Do you see what's wrong with this picture?" He said, pointing toward the door and the alarm system.
I'm looking as hard as I could but I didn't see anything wrong.

"No sir, I don't." I reply.

"You didn't lock the fucking door or set the fucking alarm!"

"I'm sorry. I forgot. Between school and going to Mom's grave..."
Before I could even finish, he slap my face as hard as he could.
"Don't talk about her!" He screams.
"Why not! We just can't act like she never existed! I go to her grave everyday! You can't stop me from doing that!" I scream back, tears running down my face.
I run out of the house.
I grab my phone and call the one person I know I can always go to, Chris. My best friend since 2nd grade.
"Chris... He did it again..." I cry to him
"Oh no, not again! Do you need somewhere to go? You know my door is always open." He say in his light, but not too light voice.
"I do... I'll be over there in a few minutes.." I tell him and hang up.
I never really could talk to him long.
I get on my bike and ride to Chris's house. On they way, I think of my mom, which causes tears to fall down my face. All I could think about was how much I missed her.
I walk to his front door and he opens the door.
"I'm so sorry bro. I really wish there was something I could do. I hate seeing you like this." He says, grabbing my shoulder, walking me inside.
"All I did was mention Mom..." I explain.
We walk to his room and sit on his bed.
I can't help but look at him. He's so gorgeous. His straight blonde hair, his beautiful green eyes, his amazing, white smile, his body is something to die for.
I had to tell him how I feel, but what will he say? I thought to myself.
"Umm, Chris. There is something that I have to tell you." I say to him, the butterflies going crazy in my stomach.
"Yeah, what's on your mind?"
"Well it's two things. The first one is I'm gay. I haven't told anyone that." I say, looking at his face to see his reaction. It's relief.
"I'm glad you finally told me. I've known since 5th grade. I saw you checking Joey out." He explain.
"Well, do you know that I like you?" I say.
He stared at me for a few minutes. My mind went racing. Does he hate me now? Does he feel the same way? Why does he keep looking at me like that?
"Instead of telling you how I feel, I think it's better if I show you." He leaned in and gave me a long, passionate kiss.