p|r|o|l|o|g|u|e

| I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never
let you go
when all those shadows almost killed your
light.
I remember you said
don't leave me here
alone.
but all that's dead and
gone and passed
tonight. |

- Safe And Sound by Taylor Swift

"Grampuh, you're gonna be ok, don't leave us!!!" James screamed, shaking our grandfather who was laying on the cold ground of the forest.

   "Find the loop, September the third, 1940. The Bird will explain everything. I should have told you both a long time ago. Now go, before it comes back!" Grandpa Philip wheezed.

   "Before what comes back?!" James questioned, tears streaming down both our faces. I couldn't say anything because of the terror and shock I was experiencing.

   "Don't be afraid little ones. Riz, you must take care of your brother," Grandpa said, turning to me, "Always remember that I love you both so much. Find...your...peculiarities." And with that, our grandfather was gone.

   "Jamie, come on! We have to go! He said something was coming back, we need to go now!" I said, taking my brother by the hand and pulling him up with me.

   "But what did he mean? Peculia-" James managed to speak.

   "No time to explain!" I said, cutting him off.

   We ran to grandfather's house and busted through the door.

   "Only take what is necessary! We don't have much time!"

| Just close your eyes.
The sun is going down.
You'll be alright.
No one can hurt you now.
Come morning
light.
You and I'll be

Safe
And
Sound. |