c|h|a|p|t|e|r 0|3

| Lately I've been, I've been loosing
sleep
dreaming about the thing that we could
be |

- Counting Stars by OneRepublic

   "Yes, we know, Miss Bonnie," Replied James for the both of us.

    "Grandpa said that a long time ago, you guys lived in a children's home for years... so it is true?" I asked.

   "It is."

   Miss Bonnie pulled out a picture of a silhouette, a woman smoking a pipe, explaining it was the headmistress of the home, Miss Alma LeFay Peregrine.

"Miss Peregrine used to care for me and your grandfather until we decided to leave the loop-"

"A loop! Grandpa Phil said something about finding a loop..." exclaimed James.

"Yes, September the third, 1940."

"I think that's the one he was talking about." James spoke, even before I could mention anything.

"Nineteen fourt-" I was cut off. Ugh the frustration.

"Only ymbrynes can conduct loops; past dates that exist which repeat over and over. Peculiars only can pass through, meaning the peculiars within it are protected from hollowgasts and even wihts if kept secret." Claimed Miss Bonnie, as if remembered by heart, "The occupants within the loop do not experience aging. If a member or many many years exits their loop into the present and remain there for two to three days, they will age forward however many years they have spent inside the loop. Since Philip and I have not spent centuries in Miss Peregrine's time loop, we were able to leave September 3rd without aging severely." She finished with a hint of pride in her eyes.

"Does her loop still exist?" I finally managed to ask.

"O'course!" Replied Miss Bonnie.

"Ymbryne???" James asked, raising an eyebrow at me in victory of winning the spotlight.

"Ah yes, an ymbryne is a woman who is able to transform into a bird. Like I said, only ymbrynes can conduct time loops."

"Oh ok." Both my brother and I spoke at the same time. We looked at one another with raised eyebrows, very close to getting on each other's nerves.

"Now, now children, calm yourselves." Assured Miss Bonnie...

"How do you-"

"I am a peculiar," said Miss Bonnie, "I know it may seem quite overwhelming, but I can read the minds of both the living and dead." Finished the elder woman with a small smile.

"Well what type of food-"

"Baked potato, stuffed with roasted chicken, drizzled with mozzarella cheese and sprinkled with scallions." Miss Bonnie pointed out.

   "How-"

   "Oh, and with a side of lingonberry jam and mushroom soup with a cup of strawberry and kiwi tea!" She included.

   I looked at Miss Bonnie with shock, my jaw fell agape. Jamie scoffed. Our grandpa's best friend looked at James, dead in the eye.

   "And you James, you're thinking... no.. wishing, that you had all the Pokémon cards that were ever created." Bonnie smiled and raised her eyebrows, "Right?"