Chapter 3

I encouraged myself to climb out of bed this morning. I hadn't slept well that night. I dreaded having to face Jimmy Jr. What does he think of me? Does he think I'm weird cause I asked him to the dance? Maybe he never thought of us together before and I caught him off guard...

It was a lot colder today. I added ear muffs, a thick coat, mittens and boots to my outfit. I could see my breath as Gene, Louise and I walked to school. I wasn't in the mood for anything. Not talking, not walking, not crying. I just wanna get this day over with so I can lay in bed again.

When we reached the doors, we instantly felt the warmth on our red faces. I took off my mittens, slowly turned in my locker combination and opened it, hopefully there was something fun in there to ease my mind a bit, maybe another old story I made up. I looked in finding nothing, slightly disappointed, I just grab my books for class, when there's a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey T." It was Zeke. Turning to him, he was wearing his usual get up, a black tank and khaki shorts. But he was holding flowers, daisies of all colors, a miniature rainbow in his hands. I looked back up at him.

"Hey Zeke, what's up?"

"Well Tina, funny you should ask, I thought it would be cool to go to the dance with you?"

At first I was puzzled. Zeke? Really? What? Wait, no!! That's perfect, if I go to the dance with Zeke, Jimmy Jr will be jealous cause I went with his best friend, he'll be my boyfriend in no time!! "I'd love to go with Zeke"

His face lit up, "really?! Awesome T. Here these are for you *hands me flowers* I'll see later alright?"

"Yeah see you later"