1. Prologue.

Rory stood at the front of the Gilmore mansion and wrapped her arms around herself as she breathed deep, she was not looking forward to the conversation about to happen, she had called the meeting and on the other side of the door were five of the most important people in her life all of whom were fighting each other in one way or another.

Her grandparents Emily and Richard Gilmore were there as were her other grandparents Francine and Strobe Hayden, and lastly her father Christopher Hayden.

Rory took one last deep breath, winced and rang the bell, she followed the maid into the living room and noticed that everyone was scattered about the room, everyone looked up as she sat down carefully.

As she opened her mouth to explain everything the flashbacks started.

~~~~~~~~   flashback  ~~~~~~~~

It was the night of the dragonfly opening, her mom Lorelai had just sent her on a C.D run she was in her room deciding on what to grab when Dean walked into her room.

He was talking about moments and feelings and his marriage falling apart, Rory was telling him to ho home and talk to Linsay, that nothing was going to happen with them.

He started yelling about her being a tease and giving him what he deserved and pushed her onto her bed, so hard she had smacked into her side table and couldn't breathe properly.

Rory was struggling, trying to push him off, scratching him, crying and trying to yell, then nothing he was off her and was messing up his hair with a smirk before leaving her room, just in time for Lorelai to see him.

Lorelai took one look at him and Rory and the bed and knew what happened, Dean left the house and Rory got yelled at for sleeping with a married man.

When she tried to explain Lorelai ignored her and left her at the house after telling her she was a spoilt, selfish girl, who had not only ruined a marriage but also ruined the inn opening and destroyed the relationship between the mother and daughter.

Rory had spent the rest of the night packing all her things into her car before setting up the meeting and making her way to Hartford.

     ~~~~~  end flashback  ~~~~~

Everyone in the room sat there shocked until Richard picked up the phone and called the family doctor.

Strobe called a trusted police detective to come to the house and the older ladies started planning a trip to Europe for Rory to get away for the summer.

Richard also called his mother Lorelai Trix Gilmore to let her know the situation, she demanded that Rory be sent to her first for some bonding time and to meet the English side of the family.

When the doctor and detective were both in the house they met with Rory in her bedroom to hear her story, take skin samples, check and photograph her wounds and at Rory's request do a check up to prove that she was still untouched.

After that was done the group re-met in the living room and due to Strobe being a judge were able to pull some strings so Dean could be charged for assult and attempted rape and Rory could attend via camera link up.

The men left Rory in the room with her grandmother's and sat in Richard's study.

The men decided that Chris would buy Rory a new apartment in a high price area with security and a doorman.

Strobe would be buying Rory a new Porshe SUV in black, fully loaded with all the safety features.

Richard would pay to redecorate and refurnish the apartment as well as the trip to Europe and the insurance.

The men also decided to announce to Rory her status as the heiress to the entirety of both both family fortunes (Gigi doesn't exist) so they pulled out the packet of papers and bank cards and i.d's all of it was in the name Lorelai Leigh Gilmore-Hayden.

Rory was adding things to the list of Europe sight seeing and trying to forget about her mother and Dean, she was surprised when her Grandfathers and her Father handed her the packet, then she was shocked when she saw the amount of money she was now worth.

Rory almost had a heart attack when she saw the the royal title Her Lady the Duchess of Gilly Moore Lorelai L. Gilmore-Hayden the Third.

Emily decided to join Rory in Europe, she herself was running from the pain of her seperation from Richard and she wanted to be there for Rory when she fell apart.

Emily however was skipping the visit with Trix and was going straight to Oxford to spend that time with her sister Hope, Rory would meet her there when her time in London was finished.

With plans finalised, legal matters and medical matters taken care of the group seperated to their own homes, Rory went to her room and made a phone call before falling asleep while Emily packed their bags and Richard went back to the pool house.

While this had been happening Lorelai was in Stars Hollow riding her happy train and completely unaware of how much her actions had just changed Rory's path.

A young wife was listening to a story being told to her on the phone, after hanging up she made four phonecalls one to the police to check the evidence, one to a divorce attorney, another to a lock smith and finally her own mother.

Meanwhile in a castle like mansion in Hartford another path was being changed due to a parents actions, Logan Huntzburger was sitting in his fathers study being lectured on his decisions.

Logan needed to grow up, take over the company, marry well, produce an heir and screw around with anyone he wanted to.

Logan was planning an escape from reality holiday, he would spend the summer in Europe, he would start in London with his phone off using only his personal account he had set up at the age of eighteen, he had been funneling his allowance into it over the years.

As soon as Mitchum finished talking his holiday was booked and he was packing his bags, he would prove his father wrong, he would marry for love and start his own company.