Chapter 14

"You ready to go then?" Dougie asked, walking in my room.

I was lay flat on the bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about later. I looked over at Dougie and smiled weakly. I knew it was the right thing to do, but I was dreading it.

"It'll be fine, trust me, I'll be with you the whole time" Dougie added, sensing my nerves. He walked over to me and I sat up, he squeezed me tightly, kissing my hair.

"Shall we go then?" I mumbled, nuzzling my head in his neck.

"Yeah, come on" Dougie smiled, holding his hand out.

I took it gratefully, Dougie pulling me up. We walked out my room and down the stairs. No one was in so we just left, locking the door. I got in the passenger seat and Dougie drove to town.

We entered a little cafe called 'Light Bites'.

"What can I get you?" The waiter asked.

"Um a cheese and bacon toastie and Tango, please" I asked, the waiter scribbled it down and stared at Dougie.

"And for you, sir?"

"Same as my lovely girl please" he smirked slapping the menu on the table. The waiter was practically drooling over Dougie and I was holding back my laughter. He left eventually, and kept looking over at Dougie while he was stood at the counter.

"I think he likes you" I laughed, nodding in the waiters direction.

"Yeah I do aswell, but I only have my eyes for you Ash" Dougie replied, the end a little louder so the guy could hear.

The man huffed, folded house arm and walked into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, the guy came back with our food and put it on the table before leaving, silently.

"Someone's cheerful?!" Dougie smiled nodding in the waiters direction.

"I know right, you've made his day"

"Sure have, you ready to go?"

"Almost" I said drinking the last of my drink.

We paid the waiter and headed to the car to go to the police station. My hands were trembling, Dougie put his hands once mine and smiled at me reassuringly.

"Baby, I promise you'll be fine" Dougie comforted placing a loving kiss on my lips.

*At the police station*

"What's your name?" The police woman asked.

"Ashleigh Clara Fletcher" I replied.

"And yours?"

"Dougie Lee Poynter" Dougie replied.

"Date of birth?"

"6th September 1991" I replied.

"And yours?"

"30th November 1987"

"Thank you, now Ashleigh, can you come in here. We need to ask you some questions" the police lady smiled.

"Um, can Dougie come with me. Please? I hate these sort of situations"

"I guess you can, but he'll have to come in, in about 10 minutes we need to ask some personal questions first, is that okay?"

"Umm, yes sure"

The lay led me into a small, cramped room. I sat down opposite her, she pulled out a pen and notepad.

"Okay, who is it you are reporting?" She asked.

"Jake Turner"

"Do you know his date of birth?"

"I'm pretty sure it's, 12 February 1990"

"Do you know if he's had any trouble with the police before?"

"Yes he has"

"For?"

"I'm not entirely sure, sorry"

"That's okay, shall we bring Dougie in now?"

"Yes?"

The lady walked out and a minute later they both returned. Dougie say down beside me taking my hand.

"Okay, what is it that Mr Turner has done?"

"He texted me this, this morning" I replied handing my phone over to her.

She handed me my phone back after she had read it and wrote down what was on the message.

"Anything else?" She asked. I explained everything to her, Dougie told her about when he came over yesterday.

"Thank you, we'll have to g pass this evidence on but we will arrest Mr Turner within the next three days, if he tries anything let us know. Ask for Linda if I'm not available, but I hope you have a nice day" Linda smiled shaking or hands.

We left the station and walked back to the car. I received a text from Gi.

Hey Ash, when you're ready meet me, Izzy and Georgia in Costa xxx

"Doug, you know you love me?"

"Yes?" Dougie replied suspiciously.

"Can you drop me of at Costa?"

"Yes, you shopping?"

"Yep, with Gi, Izzy and Georgia"

"Girly afternoon then?"

"Yep, seems so"

Dougie had dropped me off at Costa Coffee, I ordered a drink and sat with the girls.

"Where we going first?" Georgia asked.

"New Look?" Gi suggested.

"Sounds good to me, that okay with you Ash?"Izzy smiled.

"Hm? Yeah that's fine" I replied a little confused as I had been daydreaming.

----------

Sorry it's been a while since the last update guys, I've just been... I have no excuse really so I'm not gonna make one up,I just haven't been myself recently... but I hope you enjoy this chapter