Chapter 3

A blaring whistle screeched through the air, piecing my eardrums and making me jump out of bed and I ended up tangled in my sad excuse for a blanket on the floor.

Dazed, I look up, confused at the rude awakening call. They have never woke me up like this. It was usually just a shoulder shake.

Gatlin was smirking down at me with amusement and mischief swimming through his eyes and a whistle dangling from his lisp.

I was scared. I have never saw him look anything other than serious.

"Rise and shine," he called out,"Big day ahead of you."

I gulped in anxiousness and— untangled myself, cautiously standing up without breaking eye contact.

I followed him out of my room to the kitchen area and grabbed a bowl of cereal to quickly eat as everybody conversed around the table. I kept my eyes down and my mouth shut as I scarfed down breakfast.

"Lets go," Gatlin turned and lead me to the training area, but didn't stop until we reached the padded mats that laid on the floor. The other followed behind me, wordlessly.

"Now that we finally got you beefed up, its on with the next lesson. Turner, your up," Gatlin said, watching me.

   Turner stepped forward and walked to a plastic table. I watched silently as he put boxing gloves on, fearing what would happen next.

   "I will train you on defending punches," He informed as he walked until he was in front of me with his arms up were in a fighting stance.

   Before I could ask how, a unexpected punch was sent flying to my face. I had no time to put my arms up in order to protect myself. It caught me on the right side of my face and I fell like a sack of rocks.

   After I landed awkwardly, I looked up to Turner who was smirking at me.

   "What the hell?" I yelled as I wiped my fingers across the area that would definitely be purple in the morning. As I drew my hand back, blood was wiped on the tips. I was pissed and confused.

   "Oh. Did that make you angry? What are you gonna do about it, princess?" That bastard gloated from above me.

   "Chanel your anger into fighting," I heard Gatlin advise from behind me.

   I saw the perfect opportunity to get revenge on these sick freaks and I was gonna take it.

   I side swept the back of Turner's knees and as soon as he landed on his back, I was sitting on him, beating my fists into my face. One after the other, I pummeled his face, over and over again.

   I was blinded by my hate for these men. The rage and confusion of being thrown away in a prison for ten years encouraged me to keep going. Having my mother raped in front of my four year old eyes by several men had also fueled the fire. Images replayed through my mind from that day. How my father and mother were shot in the forehead as I begged, cried, and sobbed for them to stop.

   It was the worse day of my life.

   Fist after fist pounded into the guys face and I didn't stop. I couldn't. It felt so good to see this man's bloody face. It was the best justice I could do to these men because of what they did to me.