Chapter Nineteen

We moved quickly, discussing our plan to get into the palace. Jett seemed very knowledgeable about the palace and the Queens of Darkness, and that got me more suspicious every time he came up with new information. But every time I asked how he knew it, he always said he has a "really good source". Which only made me more annoyed.

The sun was up high, and the mountains were getting closer into view. I walked over a wonky tree root, then heard a scream coming from Rapunzel. A rope wrapped around her feet and lifted her off the ground, hanging her upside down. Then the same thing happened to Belle, Jett and I.

"Well this is just great." Jett huffed. I struggled with my rope trying to get it off, but gravity held my body down.

"Do you ever stop complaining?" Rapunzel asked.

"Only when I don't have anything to complain about."

"Oh well when that happens please tell me. It would be a once in a life time opportunity." They continued to biker while shooting glares at each other. But their session was cut short when someone walked out from behind the trees.

"Well isn't this cute? Looks like Prince Charming isn't so charming to his princess after all." They said. It was a guy, who looked around sixteen. He was tall and slender with tan skin, had broad shoulders and messy black hair. Along with a pair of dull brown eyes. He wore a purple open vest with no shirt, baggy pants and had a satchel with him. He looked up at us with a smirk on his face that I was so tempted to punch off.

"I am not his princess." Rapunzel snapped back, but Jett winked and smiled cheekily at her, who groaned in annoyance. The guy just ignored her and walked over to our bags that we dropped, rummaging through them. We didn't have much stuff of extreme value. But our food, water, and other supplies were still valuable to our journey.

When the thief had finished going through our stuff, he had put all the things in his satchel. I saw that he didn't take all the food and water, but a small portion. He was a thief but at least he had some honor. Then he walked over to us. He looked at all of us inspecting for anything valuable, but when he got to me he immediately noticed my gold necklace that was now dangling along with me.

"And what is this little trinket?" He said holding the necklace in his palm.

"You better let go of that before I slit your throat." I said.

"Feisty aren't you. Sorry sunshine but you don't know what I've been though, I need this." He said and ripped the necklace off my neck. He started to walk away, but I was not about to let that vermin get away with my mother's necklace. I reached up quickly to grab my dagger from my boot, and cut the rope before I would slump back down from defying gravity.

I fell but flipped over to I landed on my feet. Then I threw the dagger I held at the guy who was now trying to run away. I missed and it lodged into a tree. I didn't have time to faze through me missing, I had to get my necklace. I ran after him.

"Aren't you gonna cut us down?" I heard Jett shout, but I couldn't do that now. I passed the tree with my dagger in it, yanking it out without stopping. I ran after the shoe less thief. He was fast and agile, but I was faster and more determined to catch him. I almost got to him, and he ran faster, but I could tell he was getting tired. I was just about to grab him, when he pulled out a strange lamp from his satchel, rubbed it and a giant green man came out of the lamp. I jumped back, as the misty man from the lamp bowed to the guy.

"Genie I wish for you to get me back to Agrabah." He said, and as I lunged for the guy, he disappeared in a puff of green smoke, with my necklace. I fell face first into the dirt, and got up on my knees pounding the ground.

"No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no." I said placing my hands on the ground. I felt my eyes swell up with tears but I blinked them away quickly, I couldn't cry over this. I had to get my necklace back, but I needed to complete my mission first. That street rat better watch his back, because I'm coming for him.

I walked back to where my friends were and saw that they were already on the ground. At least Belle and Rapunzel were. Jett was still hanging upside down, being played with by Rapunzel. It amused me to see him this helpless, but I still felt a piece of myself missing.

"Let the poor guy down." I said.

"No way, I'm having to much fun here." She said swinging him around.

"Is this really necessary? We are wasting time." Jett said crossing his arms as he moved side to side. I laughed and shook my head. I walked over to Belle, who was playing with an arrow she had in her hand and watching Rapunzel torture Jett.

"How did you guys get down?" I asked trying to avoid thinking about my mother's necklace. Belle must have seen my upset face, but she answered by question instead of asking.

"When you left to chase that thief, we didn't have any knifes or sharp objects to cut us free. Then I noticed a nock of an arrow sticking up out of the ground. I stretched to reach it, then lifted myself up as much as I could, to cut my rope. Then I cut Rapunzel, but she asked me not the cut down Jett yet." She looked over at Jett and Rapunzel. She covered a laugh then turned back to me. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I didn't want to tell her, since we had a mission to complete. But someone had to know.

"The thief that tied us up, took my necklace. Then when I was chasing him, he rubbed a lamp that he had, and a blue giant man came out of it. Then he wished to back in a place called Agrabah, then they were both gone in a green puff of smoke. I know it's crazy, but it happened." I said shaking my head.

"Not really." Belle said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, we know you have magic of your own. We are going to find these 'Queens of Darkness' that also have magic. And you became a wanted criminal all across the kingdoms. A guy having a genie granting wishes for him is not the first touch of magic we've had so far. You've seen it, and have it, you might as well believe in it." She explained throwing the arrow at Jett's rope, setting him free.

"Finally!" He said shaking off the ropes from his feet.

"And I'm sorry about your mother's necklace. Don't worry, we'll get it back." She said putting a hand on my shoulder. I smiled back at her and walked away to grab our stuff for the rest of our journey. Next stop, The Queens of Darkness.