Chapter 1

Time.

Noun, singular: time; plural noun: times,

1. the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.

There's exactly 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, and 8,760 hours in a year. The amount of hours, minutes, or seconds that each human being has in their lifetime can not be further determined considering we each endure with our own hourglass, some having less sand in it than others. Everyone requests that one chance to have a long, happy, and well prevailed life. From how it's looking now, I feel as if I've finally become one of the lucky one's, and I hope to continue on that path.

Beep

Beep

Beep.

The minute my eyes opened, the bright light shining through the curtains slightly impaired my vision. The sound of the alarm clock blared through my ears as I began to feel around the nightstand for it, hitting the top of it once I had found it. A strong arm was secured snugly around my waist and a warm chest pressed against my back as light breaths tickled the back of my neck. Suddenly, Harry began to stir slightly as he too was waking up from his slumber.

It's been a year since One Direction took a break and almost a year since Harry and I have been married. They say time wasted is not time well spent. Harry and I's marriage has certainly been the opposite. Although, my life has been hectic lately with me promoting the latest film that I had a wonderful opportunity to participate in, Harry and I still try to find ways to have time for each other. For the past month the boys and him had gotten back to their music and recorded a new album. It was just released this weekend which has caused him to be preocuppied as well, but still not as busy as me. Other than that, he has been a wonderful husband to me and I wouldn't want to be married to anyone else, even if we did bicker sometimes. We'd always make up in the end, though, and one thing always eventually led to the other.

"Mmm, Sam." He groaned turning back towards me and placing soft kisses on my shoulder.

"Harry," I giggled trying to push him away, "I have to get up."

"But I'd much rather relive last night, wouldn't you." He persuaded while tracing shapes on to my hips with his soft fingers.

"Well I'd much rather not be late for work." I replied turning around to face him.

His hair was a mess and his eyes glistened at me with the sun from the window shining on them. He made a pout with his lips as he squinted from the light.

"But babe!" He complained pulling me closer, "I want you to stay in bed. We never get to do that a lot anymore."

I sighed, remorse filling my mind before I responded, "But this is work, Harry. I can't just skip work."

"You can for me..." he persuaded, burying his face in my shoulder so that his curls tickled my jawline.

I pushed his body away willingly before getting up and skipping towards the bathroom as he groaned in discontent. I could hear the bed squeak and his heavy footsteps heading in the other direction, most likely downstairs. I let out a sigh as I gazed at my reflection through the large bathroom mirror. This was going to be a lengthy day.

It didn't take me long to get ready, and soon the essence of bacon compelled me downstairs, where the shirtless boy stood, cooking up something on the stove.

Once I had occupied the spot next to him, he placed the spatula that was once present in his hand to the side and left a peck on my lips, "I'm making omelettes."