13 | damn right

Nick and Billy catch up with me when I'm halfway around the block and convince me to come back

Nick and Billy catch up with me when I'm halfway around the block and convince me to come back. Not only was I alone at night, but I had no cab money and no way of getting back to the dorms. We end up high on a hill somewhere, looking over the Golden Gate Bridge. Although I'm still in a pissy mood from what happened, I can't deny that view.

"Wait, so you really got in a fight with those guys?" I ask Lyle as he tells me about seeing his dance teacher from Google there. Apparently Google was just her part time job.

"Yeah, it was pretty intense. But wow, she was so..."

"Yeah." I smile, patting his shoulder. "I can tell. You really like her, huh?"

"You have no idea." He breathes. "I can't believe she actually agreed to letting me buy her a drink. Me!" He laughs.

"Well, why wouldn't she? If you ask me, any girl would be lucky to have someone as sweet as you buy her a drink." I smile encouragingly, gently nudging his elbow with my own.

"You really think so?" Lyle grins.

"Absolutely."

Lyle smiles. "Thanks, Mack."

"Mind if I sit?" I hear above me, and I look up to see Stuart fiddling with his fingers.

"Here, you take my spot. I'm going to check on Yo-Yo." Lyle says, gesturing to the passed out Yo-Yo currently inhabiting the bench.

Stuart takes a seat beside me, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees. "So."

"So."

We sit in silence for a minute before he finally speaks up. "You looked great in there. When you were dancing I mean."

I look over at him. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. I mean, you would have looked better if I was the one dancing with you, but you know."

I can't help but laugh softly, brushing a hand through my hair. "Well, what about you, dancing on that pole in the rain?" I grin.

"Oh, God.." Stuart groans, raking a hand through his own hair. I laugh.

"No, no, I'm serious! You know, if you wanted to, you could make some bachelorette very happy."

"Please stop."

I laugh, shaking my head. "Okay, okay, I'm done." I sigh softly, pulling my knees up to my chest. "Stuart?"

"Adams."

"I'm sorry." I say, resting my chin on my knees. "I was being stupid."

"No, no you weren't." Stuart murmurs, draping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me into his side. "I'm sorry too. I was a jerk."

"We both were jerks." I murmur, closing my eyes as I rest my head on his shoulder. "But hey, did you have fun?"

"Yeah, sure. It was alright." He shrugs. "Would have been better if I had been hanging out with you."

I smile, looking up at him before gripping his hair and pulling his lips onto mine. He brought his hand to cup my cheek, his thumb rubbing gently over my cheek bone.

"Hey, Adams?"

"Hm?"

"I like you too."

I grin, pulling away to look up at him. "You do?"

"Yeah. I really do."

I giggle, nuzzling my face into his neck. "You like me..."

Stuart chuckles, pecking my lips again. "You know, I never did get that dance."

I grin, grabbing his hands and pulling him up. "Then what are you waiting for?"

Stuart smiles and pulls me close, draping both arms around my waist and resting his forehead on mine. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck, tangling my hands into his chestnut hair.

"It's about time..." I hear Nick say and I can't help but laugh softly.

"Stuart?"

"Hm?"

I rest my head on his chest and look towards the bridge. "You like me."

"Damn right."

***

"The whole world looks like a giant pinwheel of death right now." Stuart moans the next morning, his head resting in my lap. We're all splayed out in Lyle's office, every single once of us dealing with a hangover.

"You're telling me," I mutter, sipping on my coffee as I rest my head in my palm.

"Well, that's the price of making memories, lovebirds." Nick says.

"My liver hurts." Yo-Yo whined.

"Anyone else want some coffee? I can make some?" I offer.

"No," Stuart whines, turning over so he can hug my waist. "My pillow."

I roll my eyes, raking a hand through his hair gently.

"Astonishingly," We hear a voice sound from behind us, and we all snap up when we realize it's Chetty. "Your app has been downloaded 10 times more than any of the other teams."

Last night, when Lyle's drunken state really set in, he had been contemplating sending a picture of Little Lyle to his dancer friend, and of course we all shot him down. That's when Billy came up with the idea of an app where you have to answer hard quiz questions before you send a drunken text. Amazingly, it was a fantastic idea.

"It appears that you have won your first challenge. Congratulations." Chetty says. I laugh.

"Well, how bout it!" Billy says, giving me a high five.

And of course the minute we start celebrating, Yo-Yo grabs the trash can, and begins yacking his guts out into it.

"He uh, he gets over excited." Nick shrugs, patting Yo-Yo on the head.

"Lovely." Chetty says before walking away.

"Geez," Stuart murmurs, lying back down into my lap and shoving his beanie over his eyes.