Morgan

Sitting in the front lawn I thought yesterday and today over because I didn't want to go to class. And now I had the terrible feeling that after the incident Derek's mom was not going to let him drive alone or even come to school.
The tears rolling down my cheeks now were fierce and angry tears. Why? Why me? Why him?

I got my self together and walked to the parking lot. Then I remembered that I didn't bring my car, we drove in Camille's car.
Why couldn't I think? I was walking back to the front lawn and I saw him.
He was sitting on a bench under one of the small trees in the front lawn. I ran the short distance and flung my arms around him. He was taken by shock and I felt his body tense against mine but then when he realised it was me a millisecond later, he relaxed. It felt like melting, like dissolving because staying apart felt so painful. It felt like the other half of everything had gone missing. Like nothing was right. But now, in his arms everything sort of fell in place.

When I losened the embrace, and looked into his eyes, they were all puffy and red. He had been crying, I thought, and it made me cringe.  I felt the tears rise in my eyes and I tried to blink them away. They way he looked at me made me shiver as chills ran down my spine. I wish I could fix this.
I stared at him, wondering how beautiful he was as tears uncontrollably rolled down my cheeks.