Chapter 02 || Sailing the Sea

Flashback~
"A cruise?!" I exclaimed. "My first cruise?!? When?!"

"In two days, so you better get packing," Katherine, my foster mother, said.

It was currently summer time, which meant no school and I was free, so that obviously meant I could go on the cruise.

"Yep. Oh and we got four tickets because your Aunt Flora is tagging along with us," David, my foster father, included.

A smiled tugged at my lips as I realized that in the next two days, I would have a wonderful time. Usually when we go on vacations, my parents would let me stay out a bit later than usual, so it would mean less time for the nightmares to haunt my mind. Plus more time for us to be together as a family doing family things.

"That sounds like a perfect way to spend summer," I commented as David showed us the four tickets he bought.
~End of Flashback

I let the cold, windy breeze smacked along my face. Jal was brought along, but I had to hide him from my whole family, the ship's securities, and other people since pets were not allowed.

"Stupid security people. If they can't even see a 12-years old secretly bringing in her dog in a suitcase, what chance do they have if a criminal walked in with a gun hiding in his pocket?" I thought as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Alexander!" Aunt Flora cried happily.

I turned around and saw her coming at me with her arms out, then she gave me a big hug.

"I haven't seen you since you were just a small child." she said, smiling as if the world was never going to end.

"It's delightful to see you once again, Aunt Flora." I uttered with a cheerful tone. "How have you been?"

"Good, I could be better but I'm good. Thank you for asking, darling. Me and your parents will be at the ship's casino."

"Okay then, goodbye Aunt Flora."

"Goodbye Alexander."

She left the room, leaving me alone with a hidden Jal. I looked around, making sure no one was watching and walked over to my suitcase. I unzipped it as Jal's furry head popped out. He licked my hand.

"Sorry for leaving you in there Jal, but it was the only way to get you on the ship. I didn't want you all alone at home and I don't think you would want to be at home alone, too." I said, bringing him out.

He snuggled against me and I was certain I saw a smile.

"Uhh, it's raining now. We won't be able to do outdoor activities." I thought.

"I'll let you stay here, but just in case room service or my parents come in, hide under my bed," I said, pointing at the small, wooden bed. "I'll be gone for a few minutes, don't worry Jal."

I got up and left the room.

-----

I was hungry now. I knew there was a snack bar somewhere around this floor.

"Ah ha!" I exclaimed, walking into the room.

There was a man in the corner with food and snacks on the table.

"Hey, can I buy some chips?" I asked, handing him a dollar.

"Sure kid," he said, taking my money while handing me the chips.

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem."

Then I left the room.