Fainting

“Is she OK?”

“What happened?”

“I think we need to get her to a hospital. She isn’t responding.”

I heard everything but I couldn’t respond or open my eyes. It was like they were glued shut.

The next thing I heard was a constant beeping noise. I was in a hospital.

I could hear someone crying but I couldn’t make out who it was.

“Mrs. Thompson?” A male voice said.

“Yes.” It was my mom.

“We came to the conclusion that Lexi fainted due to dehydration. Right now she’s unconscious.”

“How long will she be unconscious?”

“We can’t say for sure. It depends on how hard she hit her head when she fell.”

“Will that affect the babies?”

“No, it shouldn’t.”

“Ok. Thank you doctor.”

I heard footsteps and then felt my mom put her hand on my hand. She kissed it.

“Please wake up Lexi.” She was crying again.

I was still trying to open my eyes but they kept refusing to open.

“Hi Mrs. Thompson.” It was John.

“Hi John, and some other people I don’t know.”

“Mrs. Thompson, this is Saara, Ronnie, Sabrina, Michael and Jordan. They were with Lexi all day today.”

“Hi” Mom said.

They all talked about what happened to my mom and then repeated it all to the doctor.

I felt another hand grab mine.

“Lexi, I love you. You can get through this. I believe in you.” John said. He stayed with his hand on mine for what seemed like forever. “Please wake up Lexi.” It almost sounded like he was crying.

I tried opening my eyes again and this time it worked. I saw John.

“Lexi? You’re awake! She’s awake everyone!”

They all looked over at me and ran up to my bed.

My mom grabbed my other hand and kissed it again. “Lexi honey I was so worried about you.”

I just smiled.

“Lexi we were really worried about you. We had no idea what was wrong.” Sabrina said.

“Yeah, we thought you were gonna die or something.” Ronnie said.

“Shut up Ronnie.” I said. My voice was weak.

“Sorry.” I wasn’t sure but I kind of thought that Ronnie liked me.

“Uhm, we have to go.” John said. “The school let us leave early to see you, but since you’re awake we have to go back.”

“Ok thanks for coming to see me.”

“No problem.” They all said.

Ronnie walked slower than the rest and when everyone was out of the door he ran back to my bed and handed me a piece of paper. He just smiled and ran back out to catch up with everyone else.

I opened it. It said “555-2201. My #. -Ronnie”

My feeling that he liked me was true.