1 ☾ LITTLE MOON

SELINE

"Little one, we're going to see Grandma today. Get ready!" She smiled, her eyes closing in the midst. Mama never smiled with her eyes closed.

Blood stain.

"Okay! Mama, can we get flowers for her on the way?"

Crying.

"That's fine! What flowers would you like to get her?"

The blonde girl smiled, lips curving up meeting her dark eyes. "Cherry Blossoms!"

Sweat rolled down her complexion, bringing tiny specks of dirt and dried blood down along with it.

And for the first time in ages, she cried.

Mama looked at me with confusion. "Why Cherry Blossoms?" She asked, a light brow lifting.

Seline giggled. "They're pink and pretty! Sakura flowers, Grandma said it's very...what was the word? Del...Deel...Dele..."

"Delicate?" Mama asked, amusement shown clearly on her face.

The sheriff's hat was off to the side next to his quivering body. She could feel the vibrations of his shivering, but she paid no attention to it. She only looked at the blood-stained pad covering the side of his stomach.

When he removed it, the dam fell.

The last time she felt like this was when her parents died.

"Yes! Delicate. Grandma is pretty and she's delicate right now 'cause she's really sick! So I wanna get her Cherry Blossom flowers!"

Mama smiled, eyes closing again. Was Mama okay?

"Okay, Seline. We can stop by and get flowers for her, she'll love them."

Something was wrong.

"Dad's waiting in the car. Let's go?"

"Okay!"

Beads of sweat rolled down his temple and off his chin. She moved strands of hair away from his forehead and felt it. He felt warm, too warm to be normal.

So he really was dying.

She didn't want to believe it. Not now, of all times! War was going on, people were dying. But not him? Of all people why did it have to be him? When did this even happen? And why?

Carl spoke words in a low tone, Seline couldn't hear him, or Rick, or Michonne. Nothing.

When the family arrived to the hospital, it was a mess.

Doctors and nurses ran in hallways in a rush, people in the waiting room looked panicked and...screaming. Lots of it.

What was going on? Why were people screaming?