Part 1: All I Want For Christmas Is You // Fluff

THAGGIE

"All I want for Christmas is you."

Theo and Maggie were sitting together on the stage in the rose room, looking up chords for random Christmas carols to pass the time. 

"Ooh, what about Jingle Bell Rock?" Maggie asked, looking up at Theo. Their eyes accidentally made contact and the two waited a split second before looking away.

That was weird, Theo thought.

He shook it off, though, laughing at Maggie's previous statement. "Sounds good," Theo agreed. "Should we do the Plastics' dance, as well?"

Maggie let out a giggle. "I don't think anybody wants to see me slut-drop, but you can go for your life."

Theo jumped up so he was standing in front of Maggie. "Alright, play me the carol," he demanded, dramatically.

Maggie laughed again and Theo felt real good about himself. 

She began strumming the chords whilst Theo began his "interpretive intro", before Maggie started singing. 

Theo did the first few dance moves, unable to remember the rest and cutting straight to the slut-drop on the first rock. Maggie had to stop playing, laughing too hard at Theo's dancing.

He smiled. He loved Christmas. It was the only time of the year when everybody was in a good mood on the day, and leading up to it (minus parents, of course). It was the perfect time to remind yourself that you are loved, by surrounding yourself with people who loved you. It was the perfect time to remind people that you loved them back.

Theo smiled as he watched Maggie continue to lose it.  I have to get Maggie a Christmas present, he realised.

It was the perfect opportunity for him to let her know how he really felt.

And, if all went wrong, he wouldn't be seeing her for the rest of the week.

+++

"What to get, what to get," Luke sang as he and Theo scanned the random pieces of jewellery in the store. "A ring would be too much, hey?"

"Definitely," Theo replied. "Leia might get the wrong idea, too."

"I was talking about you getting a ring for Maggie, but okay," Luke explained and then began laughing. Theo rolled his eyes, lightly pushing his close friend. "No, but for real, bracelet or necklace?"

"Leia loves necklaces," Theo pointed out. The two looked down at the bracelets in front of them.

"That's what I was thinking, but I'm really hooked on this bracelet," Luke said, pointing to one. It was a silver chain with a small heart pendent on the end. "I think it's very Leia."

"I agree." Theo was happy Luke picked a bracelet, because although Leia loved necklaces, he knew Maggie did, too. 

Now, there was nothing stopping Theo from getting Maggie the necklace with a heart locket that he had spotted as soon as he entered the store. He was just waiting for Luke to pick something for Leia, considering it was his girlfriend he was buying for, so he definitely got first choice.

Theo held the necklace after he bought it and had trouble stopping himself from smiling. He knew exactly what photo he was going to put in the locket. 

Maggie was going to love it.

+++

Theo could see Maggie standing on the other side of the room with Annabelle, laughing about something. She looked over at him and gave him a small, soft smile. He smiled back and then looked away, feeling stupid for being caught staring.