"Little Boyfriend"

Scarlett Johnson

"Blake Rayment?"

Adara asked out loud as I walked by her side through the hallways at school.

I wasn't really paying attention, but next thing I knew I was on my butt.

I looked up to see Jack Gilinsky staring down at me, a smirk on his face.

"Hey watch it!"

Adara told him, she reached down and helped me up from the ground, Jack didn't budge.

"Where's your little boyfriend, not hear to protect you now, is he?" 

Jack asked loudly, Adara looked between the two of us a little confused.

How did Jack even remember that night?

He was completely drunk when everything went down, suddenly someone was at my side.

I looked over to see Blake, a death glare upon Jack.

"Is there a problem here?"

Blake asked, Jacks eyes met Blake's for a split second, then they fell on me again.

"I can see you've got to Mendes's to protect you now."

Jack said, but before I knew it Blake's fist came into contact with Jacks face, and he was on the ground.

"It's Rayment, get it right asshole."

Blake cursed under his breath, Jack stood up with a bloody nose seconds later and limped off towards the bathroom.

I noticed Shawn pass Jack, an angry look across his face.

He hurried over to me and took my hand, but seconds later he pulled back realizing we were in public.

"What the hell happened?"

Shawn asked, his eyes landed on Blake moments later.

"What are you doing here?"

Shawn asked he sounded a little annoyed, Blake smiled and patted Shawn's on the back.

"Just punching some sense into that guy, Jack or whatever his name is."

Blake told him, Shawn suddenly smiled and patted Blake's shoulder.

"Thanks for that. It's good to see you, catch up with you later?"

Shawn asked, Blake nodded and started off down the hallway away from us.

"Does someone want to tell me what the hell is going on?"

Adara asked from my side, I had totally forgotten that she was standing there the entire time.

Shawn and I both turned to face her, a confused expression written all over her face.

"Jack knows."

Shawn said quietly, Adara's eyes widened.

"But how?"

She asked in a whisper, I stepped in to speak.

"He figured it out at Nash's party awhile back"

I told her, Adara placed a hand on her forehead.

"Wait, how do you know?"

Shawn asked confused, Adara laughed.

"I'll explain later."

I told him quietly, he nodded and both of us turned back to face Adara.

"You two just stay under the radar. I'm actually rooting for you guys to stay together."

Adara told us, Shawn and I smiled at each other.

Suddenly my phone began to ring in my pocket, I pulled it out to see Candace's name on the screen.

"I've got to take this."

I told them quietly, Shawn nodded and watched as I walked down the hallway a little ways.

"Hey what's up?"

I asked quietly, there was a pause on the line for a short moment, so I broke the silence.

"I know I'm so sorry I couldn't find you at the concert, I totally forgot-"

I began, but she cut me off.

"When were you going to tell me?"

Candace asked, I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Tell you what?"

I asked, the bell for class had rang, I had to go.

"Shawn Mendes is your Step Brother, and you're dating him?"

She asked, my heart dropped at her words.

How did she know, was it really that obvious to the entire human race?

So I did the only thing I could, I hung up the phone and booked it down the hallway, I could hear loud footsteps behind me, but I didn't bother stopping.

All I could do was run.