Chapter 3: Stormy Nights

"Man, it's so late already, I guess training does pass time," she sighed out loud and looked up at the dark sky, her Pokemon in their respectful pokeballs. She felt a little tired, but brushed it off as she wants to continue on training, too much training can't hurt anyone right? She made her hands into fists and pumped one up into the air in determination, "let's do this!" The glowly smile upon her face resonated through the quiet surroundings.

That is, until a sudden downpour took over.

She remained in her positiong of a fist raised into the air with one of her legs bent upwards with a huge smile. Her appearance continued to become more drench as the amount of rain increased. A sudden rumble in the sky got her to jump from her frozen position, rushing away from the grass and towards the nearest shelter there was.

She rushed to the door and grabbed it which surprisingly opened before slamming it behind her with her back faced to the room as she stared at the doorknob breathing heavily. Her [e/c] orbs were glued to the doorknob, her hand slightly shaking with each breath she took. Her concentration broke after someone spoke up.

"Get out."

"Huh?" She turned around and was met with the oh-so-familiar blond edgy emo.

"Didn't you hear me? I said, get out."

"Hey! How heartless can you be!? It's clearly storming out there!" She glared at the male sitting at a desk with her hands on her hips, copying the hands-on-hips pose he does often.

"You just suddenly barged into my room without my permission. You must have never heard of the word privacy if you would eagerly rush into a complete stranger's house without any thought." He shut the book he was reading and placed it on the desk before glaring back at the intruder.

"But I know you, so you're not a stranger to me."

"And what if it was someone you didn't know?"

"Then I would explain to them about my current crisis such as the discomforting weather out there. I'm sure they would most certainly understand my situation and allow me to take shelter here for the time being until the rain clears up unlike someone here."

The male scoffed, "there is a Pokemon Center right besides this motel, or go rent a different room besides taking up the space of my already tiny motel room."

"The Pokemon Center I would most certainly not stay in, it has no beds nor resting place besides a store, cafe, and healing center. I am most certainly not going to spend sitting at the cafe for the next few hours like an idiot. The motel is booked at the moment I believe due to the huge rain pour and the night. And are you calling me fat for taking up space!?"

"No, I'm referring to you as a waste of space."

"That doesn't make me feel better you know!" She slammed her right foot down in anger with her cheeks puffed out, some water droplets leaving her clothes and splashing onto the floor mat.

"You're wetting the entrance, go somewhere else."

"So I can go outside and get more drenched!? Not on my wa-! A-achoo!" She covered her nose with her eyes shut, sniffing slightly from the sudden sneeze.

Gladion sat there, frozen in time. His eyes did not leave the female Pokemon trainer who was brushing her nose slightly to stop the itching or further sneezing. That sneeze, to him, was absolutely adorable. A tiny blush was adored on her cheeks which only added to Gladion's imagination. All these cute little gestures she is creating in front of him isn't helping his situation.

"Gladion?" She blinked at him which snapped him out of it. He looked away from her and placed his hand in front of his face, the blush that he was desperately fighting appeared on his pale features brighter than ever. Thankfully, the oblivious female didn't take notice.

"It's nothing, go into the bathroom and change out of those wet clothes, I don't want to end up drying the floor mat later on."

"Oh, okay then," she questioned Gladion's sudden change of heart but nonetheless, waltzed to the bathroom and closed the curtains, leaving Gladion to be by himself once more. He took his book and flipped to the page he previously left off on, but his mind was not focusing on the words the book was displaying. He didn't even notice his book was upside down. He heard the water running and realized she was taking a shower to relieve her of the coldness she was probably feeling, it's not like he cared or anything of that sort. Why was she on his mind? She's just a distraction, he reminded himself. A pointless distraction.

Or maybe, he's getting too attached to a certain someone. (Come on guys, we all know it's Hau- //shot)

He brushed his hands through his hair in frustration, letting out a huff of irritation. She is just a plain trainer trying to clear all the island trials, nothing special. He's an enforcer of Team Skull, only relying on his partner Null and no one else to guide him forward on his path to power. So why is this girl able to break through the barrier he took so much time and effort to put up in the first place?

As the only sound being resonated through the room is the running of the shower, Gladion wondered if she had spare clothes or not. He has extra sweaters and pants, but other than his normal entire he has nothing else to offer. Would she be okay with his clothes if he has any? He walked over towards his drawer and took out some spare clothes, setting himself on the bed with the clothes in him grip.

Now how is he going to deliver this to her?

A blush that died down earlier reappeared once again, little fantasies dancing in his mind. He can't help it, even if he was young, he was still a developing young man. He heard the shower water stop and sighed in relief that he can get his mind away from all his inappropriate thoughts. He was about to lay down on the bed for her to come out or for her to call him until a loud struck of thunder boomed across Alola.

And a scream was heard from the bathroom.