04; Kai.

"He was the most intelligent, that was what made him dangerous. As children we were warned about Sortis. For his bow and arrow shall catch up to you faster than the lies of ye own tongue, he can make your truth rise faster than the oracle can. Dance and sing is his appearance, hope that he doesn't stop to give you a plague."

- Foreteller to Lyle, Hearts of Revival, 1737

Nothing to do but watch from above. I watched as my people begged, borrowed, and stole for what my brother refused to give to them. I wanted so desperately to help them; if I could switch places with them, I would in a madman's heartbeat. I feel that if you're going to be the king of something, then at least make sure your people and their offspring are taken care of. He doesn't care though, Hector will do whatever my father wants him to do. In half of madman's heartbeat.

Sometimes, I wish that I could leave the palace. For just one day. But, I can't; the castle is guarded to well. One day, something so tragic is going to happen to that they will have to kick me out of the castle. From then on, I will be free. I will be able to what I want to without my mother, father, or advisory telling me what is "right for me" and "my offspring".

No one asked me anything, not if I wanted to get married or have kids. Why so why do they even care, it's not like I'll ever be king. I mean, I do want to have kids; lots of them. But, I want to be able to have kids by the woman that I choose.

I would do nothing to my children and wife that I wouldn't do to my own self. If everyone would live by my rule of my family before the crown, then Sforzia would be very prosperous country, we would all be equal. Yet, we pretend that the blood sick is a punishment to the people and it is the reason for our downfall; It is not and we all know this. The cause of Sforzia's downfall is our people's need for power: greed.

We would rather take than give. We would rather kill a man who has something that we want rather than work for it. We crave things that we work for it. We crave things that we don't need just to flaunt it.

We say God made the blood sick rain down from the heavens above in punishment of the poor: weak, defenseless, the innocent. How, when that goes against everything that I have learned about him?

I know who the blood sick is here to punish the rich, filthy, liars, rude, undeserving. We were supposed to show them the way of God, but instead we imprinted the belief that none of us were equal.

We divided their families into groups from richest to poor based on their behavior and looks. We took what could've been the strongest people the heavens and earth had ever seen, and turned them into what I am looking at now; weak, lost, and confused. I sigh and finally get dressed for the meeting that "I just had to attend" quote my overwhelming mother.

I love her don't get me wrong, but she really needed to wind it down sometimes. I opened to door to my chamber immediately becoming face-to-face with my brother's maid, Maria. I had taken the time to learn everyone's name whilst Hector just refers to them as " aye girl". Cheeks ablaze she hurriedly spoke, "I'm sorry Your Highness, but um..." I watched her intently as she nervously bounced on one knee and fiddled with the hem of her skirt. She held such beauty and grace, it was magnificent.

"Your majesty?" she asked timidly, now it was my cheeks turn to flush. "What did you say, my apologies." Staring at me with her doe eyes she let out a breath of anxiety and timorously spoke her message. "King Hector and your parents ask for your attendance in the white room immediately." I was grateful for her way of diluting the attenuating the memo.

I know for a fact that neither my dad nor Hector would even think of saying something so kind. Nevertheless, I took what she gave and walked to the "white room". The room wasn't even white. With that being said, I pushed myself into the room taking my seat on the right hand side of my mother, placing me directly in front of Hector, seeing as though as the top percentile of the Elders and scholars had to be present at the meeting room.

Hector stared at me in such a callous way if I was intimidated, I would've probably folded under his hateful gaze, but I wasn't scared of Hector. Not even in the least bit. I felt that he was my little brother seeing a though I was far ahead of him in wisdom and kindness. I wanted to propose that he such take an etiquette course, I almost smiled at the idea: Almost. I haven't smiled since I was told that my mother would choose my wife, future princess of Sforzia, I stopped smiling when I heard that it was Hector's idea. It wouldn't be fair with his future wife being chosen and mine being selected. It would make the queen uncomfortable. Yet, he's our king; God bless this nation. Hector's eyes stayed on mine, I could swear he wanted to kill me, but small fact: I would've killed Hector before he had even decided to raise his fist.

Poor thing, I have never shared my knowledge with my parents. My scholars and tutors tell me that I am wise for my age. They have always told me that God has touched me and gave me the gift to hold natural born knowledge. I had a favorite Elder whom I who always confide in about my life seeing as he was at my birth. Elder Edwin would always tell me that, "He who is seeing vengeance for no reason, will find it with the wrong one." I have always loved that quote makes me feel like I am not alone and that one day someone would help me in my fight for justice and equality for everyone.

I have decided to take on take on the torch of a very agile fight for justice and equality for all of my people. No matter what skin color, social class or what. I will fight until I die of what these people deserve. I was broken out of my thoughts by the meeting being dismissed. I saw Hector grinning and my mom holding her head down while my dad was kind of smiling attempting to be discreet. I knew this wasn't good, my stomach was churning in anxiety.

It only got worse as my dad slapped me on my back. "I am so happy that you have decided to start to expand your horizon. I mean at first I thought you were going to be this bookworm and try become an elder, but I am so proud that you want to be chief in warfare." I almost chocked. Warfare? Hector, I'll show him warfare. I wanted to tell my dad warfare wasn't my thing that was him and Hector's thing. I couldn't though, for so long all I wanted was for my father to look at me with the same eyes that he held with Hector. There was only one thing that I could say, "Yes, I have always wanted to expand horizon." I think I cracked a minuscule grin as the smile that Hector was wearing was wiped away by the lie that as my own. "What weapon do you want? I have to get the order out so that it can be hear by the sun's arrival." I sighed or yawned or both, "Bow an arrow please." With that I rose to my feet and proceeded to walk to chamber and think about somethings. This meeting held no importance to me. My opinions didn't matter in the beginning, I was tired of this life style I wanted to be gone I wanted to run away but that was no option. I was a Dalter we didn't run. We fought, and it seemed I would do more fighting than I bargained for.