Forever and Always | Mario Selman

(This is when you both are older and this is inspired by the song forever and always. If you've heard the song then you already know the ending. If you haven't then listen to it after this. I hope you enjoy.)

Your P.O.V

Mario was visiting Julian and Jovani to talk about our wedding, and had been out all day. I sat at the table waiting for him to come home. Hours went by and he still wasn't home. He supposed to be here by now. Something just doesn't  feel right. If Mario was going to stay late or spend the night he would've called. I waited twenty more minutes at the table. I looked out the window that had a view of the driveway. 

No one. 

I called Jovani to see if he knew where Mario was. 

'Hey Jovani is Mario still there?'

'No, he never showed up, we thought he was still with you. Why is something wrong?'

'I don't know I haven't seen him since he left.'

'We'll I haven't seen him.'

'Okay, well call me if you hear anything.' 

'Ok bye'

I hung up and looked out the window for any sign of my fiance. 

Still nothing

My phone began to ring and pulled me from my thoughts. I hoped it was Jovani, calling to tell me that he finally heard from Mario, and everything was okay and he said he would be home soon. 

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

'Hello is this Miss y/l/n?'

'Yes this is she'

'Well this is Nancy calling from the emergency room, and I'm afraid that something has happened to your fiance. You should come immediately and we'll explain everything when you get here.'

I couldn't believe it. I ran to my car and drove to the emergency room as fast as I could. I wanted Mario to be okay. I wanted everything to be okay. I started to think of when Mario proposed and a tear escaped my eyes.

{A couple months before}

"Okay babe open your eyes," he said removing the blindfold from my face.

I opened my eyes and saw it was the little coffee shop where we first met. He pulled me inside, and the first thing I saw left my mouth agape. At the same table I was sitting at when he spilled his iced coffee on me, all those years ago, were the words 'WILL YOU MARRY ME' in coffee beans next to a bouquet of pastel pink roses. I looked over to Mario, who was already down on one knee. 

"These past five years have been the best 5 years of my life because I learned to love every bit of you. I want to to spend the rest of my life with you. I want you forever and always. I want you with me through the good and the bad and the ugly. I want us to grow old together, forever and always. So with that said, y/n y/l/n, will you marry me?"

I couldn't manage to get any words out, so I just nodded frantically. 

I came back to reality as I pulled up to the entrance of the hospital. I ran in and went right up to the front desk. 

"Hi, I'm here for Mario Selman," I said. The lady at the front desk called a doctor to come to the front. 

"Hello, you must be Mr. Selman's fiance," he asked. I nodded in response. He led me down what felt like a never ending maze of a million halls. I heard the doctor talking about Mario's situation, but I could barely hear him. I was so focused on Mario. We stopped right outside a door as he signalled for me to go in. I tried to keep straight face as I walked into his room, but I couldn't . I rushed to his bed side. I sat next to him and held his hand as tight as  I could. His face was covered a cuts and scrapes. He could barely move in his bed. His naked torso was uncovered, and had multiple bruises on his chest. His ribs were wrapped in a long white cloth with a huge red stain in the middle, which I could only assume was his blood.

"Hey babe everything is going to be okay, I promise," he said in a low raspy tone. I put my head down on the side of his hospital bed as I wept. "Listen to me, I'm going to be okay don't worry," he smiled at you, "After this we're going to go home, watch a movie while we cuddle, then in a couple of years we'll be married and have kids.  We're going to have a good life with the little house on the hillside that you said you liked and we'll stay there forever and always through the good, bad, and the ugly. We'll grow old together there and always remember that for rich or for poor or for better that we'll still love each other forever and always." I called his family and friends to let them know what happened. Everyone who I called came to the hospital, and his room was now crowded with everyone he loved. I sat by his side and took in every moment that I spent with him. I knew it was now or never to marry the love of my life, so I got an idea and called in the nurse. 

"Can you call a chaplain because I want to make the most of this moment and I want to marry my fiance here," I gripped his hand for dear life. The nurses were okay with it and called the chaplain right away. 

"I love you so much Mario and I'm glad that you dropped that drink on me all those years ago, because if not I would never have fell in love with you and every moment I spend with you has been a such blessing. I can't even imagine where my life would be if I never met you," I cried as he shed a tear. 

When the chaplain got to the room he began to say a couple verses. 

"Now it's time to exchange the rings," the chaplain said. We both looked around no one had any rings. 

"I'll be right back," I went next door knowing there was a couple next door. "Uhm hi, my name's y/n and I know this is going to sound weird, but me and my fiance are getting married next door," I explained my situation briefly, "and we don't have any rings so can we please borrow your rings, I swear we'll give them back." They gave me their rings and I headed back to Mario's room.

I didn't know everyone had heard what I did, and I blushed in embarrassment. Everyone was laughing at the fact I borrowed rings from strangers, but a couple tears were shed after they remembered the reality of the situation.

It was time to say the vows. Mario was looking me in the eyes with the same eyes that made me fall in love with him in the first place. I grabbed his cold hands and began to say my vows.

"I want you forever and always through the good and the bad and the ugly. I want us to grow old together, and as we grow old we'll always remember that whether happy or sad or whatever that we'll still love each other forever and always," I began to cry as I finished my vows. 

Right after I finished my vows, a monotonous sound killed the silence. We heard the beeps on Mario's heart monitor go slower, and his voice was getting lower than before. I knew what was happening, and began to sob excessively. He held my hand tight and looked at me as he pulled me in close.

"I will love you forever and always. Please just remember even if I'm not there, I'll always love you forever and always," he wiped one last tear from your eye.

And with that..

he went. 

A/N 

I'm so sorry about that i just love this song so much so i wrote this inspired by it. Also this is being written on the 29th of December in 2016 and you're reading this 2017 so it's like a glimpse in the past lol. I dont know why im talking about this but yea :) i hope you liked this