I

The large mass of the ship creaked and swayed in the vastness of space. Bustling vents huffed out piles of steam, setting a warm atmosphere. The bots patiently sat in the cockpit. Clockspun usually being the first to boot up, flinched and opened her eyes creating a bright blue beam. Her mouth cranked open, gears began to spin creating a "crrrick" sound shuttering out into the air.
"h-hey cowboy!" she squeaked in a high-pitch tune. Bessie, one of the crew members, spun around his eyes brightly twinkling with an oddly cheerful expression on his face. He always makes anyone crack a smile.
"howdy spun!" an obvious, and loud, southern accent jolted the room.
"you ready for another day of whatever space has to offer?" Clockspun grinned a hearty smile. Vex, another crew member, groaned and rolled his eyes. Clearly he was disappointed in the conversation unfolding in front of him.
"hold on now butterscotch," Bessie swerved over to Clockspun who was fixed in her chair.
He acted stern. His eyes were strictly fixated on Clockspun who was stunned to see him act like this.
"you sure as hell know I am! woohoo!" he belched out the loudest laugh you've ever heard and swiveled back to his seat. Both bots were laughing hysterically, even though it wasn't that amusing. Vex on the other hand was anything but amused at the situation.
"guys, for the past month we've been flying past these heaps of absolute garbage and a couple of lost space cows. I doubt anything will decide to make its little appearance today." He huffed and straightened his jacket.
"geez there mr.ihateeveryoneonthisship lighten up a bid would ya?" Clockspun sighed, steam releasing from her neck as she settled down. An awkward silence filled the room, then a faint gear churning was heard and a small red dot appeared on their map.
"yehaw looks like we've found ourselves a ship haven't we!" Bessie grinned glaring at the flashing dot.
"Aha!" Clockspun cranked the engine and pulled a big lever. Steam bustled and engines rumbled as the ship was making its way. Vex and Bessie kept theirselves busy helping maneuver the hunk of a ship. In a matter of seconds and a flash of light, they've arrived at the resting grounds of an old ship. Seemingly abandoned years ago. It was a fairly small, from the outside it seemed to only be as big as half a football field. Slowly the ship evacuated steam. Coming to a halt, they've successfully docked near their destination. Clockspun flicked a couple of levers, gears churned and the door was now unlocked leading into the foreign ship. They gathered their belongings, a simple pistol and some water. They are steam bots after all.
"ahh, I missed this." Clockspun said, walking down the corridor to their destination. The others gave a simple nod. Steam cranked out of the open vents as the button was pushed to unlock the air tight door in front of them. Loud bustling sounds slowly cracked the door open revealing something oddly indifferent.