Chapter 2.5 You Liar

"Today we will be learning...."

My gaze shifts to Richard, who is sitting right next to me. I've already learned this spell myself, and have achieved this perfection so I see no reason to listen to McGonnagall. She just will talk on.

Richard is completely absorbed though. There's a small sweat on his forehead. His green eyes are completely focused on her words and what she is saying. Every so often he will jot down something on his paper.

I feel something hit me in the back of the head. I turn around and Paisley is glaring at me from the back of the room. I pick up a crumpled sheet of paper on the floor.

He may not see you but I certainly can. Hands off my man! Or else we cannot be friends!

I glare at her and stick my tongue out. Things have been rough these couple days. Paisley and me have been fighting about him and she even went so far as to move her bed away from me and next to that brutish girl.

I really need some alone time with Richard. We need to talk about some things.

I start writing. Richard, I need to meet with you in the Spot. Please meet me there after class.
Sincerely, Avery (Your BFF)

I fold it fairly nice and toss it to him. He looks at me, raises his eyebrow, then unfolds the note. He then scratches something to the back of it.

Okay

Wow I write something big and long and he responds with okay. That sounds like him though.

I can't wait for Quidditch. I get to be back on my broom with him again. Passing, catching, winning. Last year, winning the Cup was so satisfying. And it felt so good that everything I did paid off.

"Avery Malfoy!"

I jump up, looking to Professor McGonnagall. "Yes Professor?"

"Are you paying attention?"

"A fair amount."

"Good. We wouldn't want you to fall behind as a suppose to be second year." She says, raising her eyebrow at me.

"I already know this spell though." I whine.

"Excuse me?"

"It's just simple review."

"For who?"

"Me."

"Just pay attention Miss Malfoy!"

"Yes Professor."

She goes back to teaching and I, of course, go back to not listening. She can bore me to death sometimes.
------
After class
-----
"Hold it right there Avery." Paisley's cruel voice shouts.

"What is it?"

"If you talk to Richard one more time, I will kill you. He is mine! Do you hear me? Mine!"

"I don't even think of him like that." I yell.

"Fine just go."

She was the one who stopped me. He's not hers. She can't own him. She cannot own him! He has to confirm that they're actually together.
-----
"Richard I need to ask you something and you need to answer honestly."

"What?"

"Are you.....are you dating Paisley?"

"Yep."

My heart drops to my shoes. "W-w-what?"

"I am. Hey what's the matter?"

I shiver. I was right, I am losing the only boy I've ever liked. "N-n-nothing is the matter. Ya know. Just wanted to let you know that....that..."

I take a breath and tears form in my eyes. "My parents are as good as dead, you are off frolicking in the flowers with Paisley, I'm stuck with Severus, and the Dark Lord is back! And now I've lost the only guy I've ever liked!"

My heart breaks as reality comes forth now that I've stated it in words. Richard's face is one of pure shock.

I hug myself,  cold coming in. Icy breath comes out of my mouth. My hair is ratted and my eyes are red. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. Avery I-"

"Don't. I shouldn't have told you anything. Much less the truth. You know, I like like you Richard. And now, since I've told you, I have no one."

I turn around from the Chamber and start to leave.

Then a pair of arms grabs me by the middle and pulls me back. "Don't you think of leaving Avery. Don't you think I'm gonna let you go that easily."

"Why not? It'd be easy. You have Paisley to keep you warm at night."

"You're more like my sister. I'm closer to you than Paisley. You're too young. I don't want to ruin you. Paisley is just another girl. But you're my world. You're everything Avery. We may be in the same year but I'm 15. I can't think of you like that."

"Then can you stop being such a flirt already. Tell me the truth about what you think about me."

"I think you're beautiful. I think you're amazing. I think that you're someone too close to me to date. I think you shouldn't have fallen for someone like me. I think that, Avery Malfoy, I fell for you."

That's when I burst into tears.
------
That's for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Whew better take a breather after that whole thing. Dramatic eh?

Vote, comment, and follow

Stay beautiful<3