Chapter 1

(The girls name in this book is Grace ( justmuserthings ) but if you like you can use your own name for it)

"Are you almost ready? Your dads here! Mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah mom, just let me get my phone!" I yelled back. I grabbed my phone and bag and walked down the stairs with them. I looked out the window and saw my dad. I waved to him and said bye to mom.

"Bye mom, see you next week!"
"Bye Grace, love you!" She said as she gave me a hug
"Love you too!" I said as I left the house. I walked up to dad and his big blue car

"Hey dad!" I said
"Hi Grace! Quickly get in the car! I have something to tell you!" Dad said, quickly giving me a hug.
What could possibly be so important that he has to tell me? I thought to myself.

I opened the car door, sat down in the front, and chucked my bag in the back seat. I quickly went on my phone as I waited for my mom and dad to stop talking. When they finally finished, dad came and sat in the drivers seat.

"So what was the thing you needed to tell me?" I asked shutting my phone off. My dad just smiled and started the car. I was looking at him weirdly and when my he got out of the drive way, he looked at me and laughed.

"What?" I asked "what was the thing you had to tell me?" I asked again
"Well.. I have been seeing someone" he said with a smirk
"Oh really!?" I asked. To be honest I was pretty happy because I am an only child and sometimes life at home can be pretty quiet.
"Yep!" He said "and she has 2 kids!" He added
"So I'll have step siblings?!" I asked excitedly. My dad laughed.
"Well not necessarily, we have to get married first.. But it would be great if you could think of them as your step siblings" he said
"That should be pretty easy" I said.
"Oh yeah, and we're meeting them tomorrow!" Dad said.
I just smiled and nodded.

It was silent for a few minutes until I finally talked again.
"Are her kid boys or girls?" I asked
"One of them is a boy and the other is a girl." He said. I nodded and put my earphones in, listening to my music.

Sorry for the short chapter. I will probably be updating again today! But anyway this is my new book!

~Jess❤️