Journals

It has been 5 years after Zant and Ganondorf attacked Hyrule. The Castle has been completely restored and everyone is going about everyday business. Well everyone except Link. 

"Link I never knew that you're such a avid reader! You've been flying through these books all day." Shad laughed. 

"Sorry it's just that I can't find what I'm looking for." Replied Link.

"Link we've looked through this entire library there's no way to restore the Mirror of Twilight." 

"No not that I'm looking for an old legend specifically the legends from the swordsman that taught me my sword skills." 

"Link we've been through this too. This "swordsman" wasn't real. It was just a way of the Triforce of Courage to-"

"I think I found something!" Link yelled. He held up a letter. It was hard to read but it was something. "Looks like this letter was never delivered" Shad stated. He opened it and was shocked. It contained the names of Link's sword skills in it along with something else. A location. "Lon Lon Ranch? That place was destroyed hundreds of years ago! All that is left are ruins!" Exclaimed Shad.

"It's better than nothing. Let's  head out."

The two rushed out of the castle and jumped on their horses. In 15 minutes they arrived were the ranch was said to be. They searched for hours to no avail.

"Link there's nothing here let's head back before it gets dark." Yelled Shad. 

"Wait Shad I have an idea. But I need you not to freak out ok?" Link replied.

"Ok then." Link was a little nervous he hadn't done this in years. He took out a cloth and unraveled it. A black and orange shard was revealed. Shad saw it and went wide eyed and tried to stop Link. He put his finger on the shard and felt it fuse with his body. A pain went over him as his bones and insides rearranged themselves into a wolf's body. When the transformation was completed he drew the letter in the dirt. "Y-you want me to give you the letter?" Shad stuttered with fear in his voice. Link nodded as Shad put it on the ground. Link sniffed the letter. He found a faint scent trail and followed it. Shad walked behind him dagger at the ready incase his lupine friend attacked him. Link stopped and started to dig. He kept digging until he found an old box. He pulled it up and forced the shard out of his body. "Link don't do that again please?" Whispered Shad.

They brought the box back to the castle and opened it. Inside were stacks of journals. They took out the first one and read it.

Day 1

Hi anyone that is reading this! I'm Malon! I'm ten years old. My daddy, Talon, is the owner of Lon Lon Ranch! I made a new friend today that encouraged me to write these. His name is Link. He says he's from the forest. His name is Link. Tomorrow he is coming over to play! 

Day 2 

Hello! Today Link will write some things in here. Hi I'm Link. Although I'm just a kid I know I'm fated to help save Hyrule. Malon is laughing. But it's true. The Great Deku Tree told me that I am the Hero of Time. Malon and I will record my adventures in here. 

They stopped reading. "Link the swordsman. I-I think he's real. This must be him as a child. But what is this Deku tree?"

"I'm not sure but we'll have to keep on reading these to find out."

Ok this is the intro to my story that is coming soon if you have ideas for a title let me know.