Secret Santa and secret service agents

Anthony woke up the sound of his alarm going off, alerting him that it was now time for him to get up. He groans, sitting up and fumbling with his phone in an attempt to shut off the noise.

It isn't until he fully opens his eyes that Anthony realizes that this isn't his alarm going off. It's someone calling him- Steven to be exact.

Anthony blinks once or twice, rubbing his eyes and sighing. Why the fuck was Steven calling him at this hour? It was Christmas Eve, too, and...

Oh. Right.

Anthony shoots up out of bed, nearly dragging his blanket out the door with him. He stumbles into the kitchen, quickly shoving whatever leftovers he saw into his mouth in a desperate attempt at breakfast.

"Anthony? What's wrong this time?" His father sounds amused, giving a quick glance at Anthony from his book.

"I forgot about this secret santa we were having today! I just- fuck, fuck, what do I do, dad?! We're meeting in a hour and I don't have shit for Tom!" Anthony finishes his food and begins to run back up to his room. "I gotta run and get something for him!"

"Alright then, Anthony. Take a shower, though. You have marker all over your arm." His father then turns back to his book, leaving Anthony to himself.

God, what was he supposed to give Tom for a gift?

-

Anthony was running through the streets, praying that some stores would be open. And to his delight, a few were.

A few people give him odd looks as he practically bursts through the doors, panting lightly and somewhat disheveled from his run. He ignores the looks, though, and makes his ways through the shelves.

Tom... Tom liked chocolate, didn't he? Anthony would even get the nice kind, none of that cheap shit.

Anthony grabbed a few, then made his way to the front of the store to pay. He had a few other stops to make, anyways.

-

He barges into Steven's house twenty minutes late, with three gift bags in his hand. It had been a pain in the ass for him to run around and find his last minute gifts.  Hopefully Tom wouldn't be too mad.

"Where the hell were you?" Steven scolds him the instant he's in the room. "We've been waiting forever!"

Anthony laughs nervously, setting his bags down and sitting next to his friends on the couch. "I got caught up with some things. It's no big deal, really... Forgive me?" 

Steven rolls his eyes and gestures to the presents all sitting in a pile. "Put your bags down so we can all get started! We were gonna watch a movie or something after this, you wanna join?"

Anthony chuckles and nods. "Only if I get a mistletoe kiss, okay buddy?" 

Ze giggles and nods his head. "Totally. Let's get the gifts handed out. We're waiting for Galm to come back, he said he had to go get a part of his present. He also said for us to give it to you for him, though, in case he didn't get back in time."

Anthony looks over at the others, who all nod in response.

"I brought eggnog, but only for me," Smarty admits. "I didn't wanna share."

There was a bit of laughter, and then everyone settled down together. Anthony smiled at them, then looked over at the gifts. "So when do we get to open them?"

-

"Okay, so since it looks like Galm isn't coming back anytime soon, we're just gonna get started. Everyone grab the one you bought," Tom announces.