act i scene i

*this is how the chapters will be identified*

Alice

I closed my eyes, my rapid heartbeat sounding loudly in my ears. It was different from the beat coming from the stereo, the moves I already memorized slowly starting to quicken its pace until it was all a blur. I didn't think that I could be so nervous when it came to performing, but here I am, trying to steady my nerves.

'It's a dance of emotion, speaking of love at first sight. It is our job to portray these emotions, memories, and thoughts to our audience, no matter who your partner is.'

Without opening my eyes, I slowly stepped on to the stage, moving rhythmically to the familiar fairy tale tune.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream

I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam

I twirled gracefully, bringing my hands up in front of me to join hands with the 'stranger' in front of me. I could hear the quiet murmurs and feel the watchful stares of the crowd.

And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem.

But if I know you, I know what you'll do,

The red velvet chairs sat in pristine shape, all holding imaginary inhabitants. No longer could their false reactions and stories be heard, because all I could focus on was the music.

You'll love me at once, the way you did--

"Once upon a dream." I sang as I spun in to the arms of the 'stranger', his figure disappearing in to the shadows of the theatre. The soft and eerie tune continued to play even though the performance was finished. I stood there in the theatre, completely alone after my performance...

And I've never felt so alive.

______

a/n.

hello again my lovely readers!

this is something that I wrote about a year ago, and I read it and I instantly fell in love with the story line once again. I hope you all love it as much as I do, and if you do, please:

vote, comment, share, and follow me!

I love you all so much and I hope to see you all soon :) xx