Chapter 24

I stopped laugh, oh this is serious, "Woah, woah, this is the team I have to guide?" I asked Bruce while pointing that the children behind me.

"Is there a problem."     

"No."

"Good." He turned around and I stuck my tongue out at him. I now understand why my aunt Harley dislikes him. He's so serious and too boring. I watched him until he disappeared.

"You're going dressed like that?" Superboy gestured at my outfit. 

"I find it quite comfy."

"You wouldn't be able to fight with those tight jeans and sweater."

"Who said anything about fighting?"  I smiled as I turned around, "I'm only your guide, remember?" I then clapped my hands, " Now let's go I want to get this over with."

I watched as the Miss Martian, Batgirl and Tate got ready. 

"Megan be careful,"  I heard Superboy say caringly. 

"So where to?" Megan asked and I looked at her. 

"There a secret entrance on the east side of the building. It should lead to the main hall from there you have to take a right turn. Basically when you come across a giant door guarded you'll find controls. From there is another set of problems, you'll have exactly three minutes to disable security systems. Once you have the blueprints delete the original copy and try to get back unharmed. If anything goes wrong alert me at once and I'll send backup. Understood?"

They all nodded and left the bioship. 

"This mission doesn't sound too difficult." The girl in the bee costume exclaimed as she took a seat. 

"It might not sound difficult but if the screw-up no one can save them." 

"You make it sound as if we don't stand a chance. We face the league of shadows before and we won."

"That was before."

"Before what?"

I faced the girl, "Before I knew what they were cable of doing."

She stayed quiet and it was like that for a good long five minutes. I didn't mind, I love quiet. 

"I have to ask how is like working for the bad guys?"

"Torture." I sat down, "Sometimes I wished they left dead." I whispered which I'm sure Superboy heard. "I was forced to do things I'm not proud of but I did it anyway. To save myself from a  harsh beating. I did enjoy working for them  from time to time, though."

I throw the chip at Batman, " See I can listen to orders."
"Now Canary." He ordered while I give him a side glance. As soon as he requested for Canary the sooner I figured out what was going on. I moved out of Canary's grasped when she tried to grab me. Every time she went to punch or kick I would dodge it. I wasn't fighting back because I knew she would eventually get tired but it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. So half way into the fight I started to give some effort, by incorporating the new skills I learned in my four years of training with Ra's and mixing it in with what the Gotham city's sirens taught me. I was doing fine until Canary opened her mouth and let out her famous canary cry. I let out a little gasped as I covered my ears. 

Man does she was me to go deaf? 

Then an arrow flow by me nearly missing me. Oh ok, I get it now, they're trying to kill me! I tried my best dodging the arrows while covering my ears. Ear mugs would be very right n- wait.  I snapped my fingers and bright red ear mugs appeared.

 Oh, this is awesome. I dodged the arrows with ease got closer to Green Arrow and while we were fighting I knocked the arrows out of his quiver. I saw Canary approaching and without thinking I throw Green Arrow into her causing them to fall down.   I smirked victoriously and turned to face Bruce. 

"That was so much fun!" I stated cheerfully with a grin as wide as my Uncle J's on my face, "I can do it again?" I asked almost begging. Sure I was out of breath but knowing Batman, he would probably send me back to Belle Reve. And god knows how long I'm going to be locked up. 
" Black Canary?"
"She could improve on a few things but other than that her performance was acceptable."
"Acceptable? Excuse me but-"
Why am I arguing about this?
"Wait -" I was cut by Canary, "But it's nothing I can't fix."
"Hold up, what is going on?" I asked utterly confused.
"What's going on is that we are taking you under your wing."
"Who's we?"
"How do you feel about archery?" Green Arrow asked and I shrugged.
"It's fine I guess but it's not my favorite form of attack." I was going to get further into detail when I remembered the situation at hand,"Wait a second, why?"
"Selina request it." Bruce spoke up and I glanced at him, "She doesn't want you to follow the path she did. She wants you to do better."
I raised an eyebrow, "You're kidding right?" I asked hoping he was joking, but I knew he wasn't he's the bats.
"So you aren't going to take me back to Belle Reve?"
"No. But if you step out of line," he walked closer to me and glared down at, "What?" I challenged, "There is nothing you can do that is worse than what I already lived through."