Chapter 1

PRONOUNCED SKITS OH FREE KNEE UH

So, basically, Schizophrenia is a complex mental disease. The symptoms of Schizophrenia usually develop slowly over months or years. Sometimes you may have many symptoms, and at other times you may only have a few.

People with any type of schizophrenia may have difficulty keeping friends and working. They may also have problems with anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts or behaviors.

When you first start to develop the disease you might have the following symptoms:

Irritable or tense feeling

Difficulty sleeping

Difficulty concentrating

Paranoid schizophrenia symptoms may include:

Anxious

Angry or argumentative

False believes that others are trying to harm you or your loved ones

 "Voices" are the most common type of hallucination in schizophrenia. The voices may talk to the person about his or her behavior, order the person to do things, or warn the person of danger. Sometimes the voices talk to each other. Other types of hallucinations include seeing people or objects that are not there, smelling odors that no one else detects, and feeling things like invisible fingers touching their bodies when no one is near. Thought Disorders are when a person has trouble organizing his or her thoughts or connecting them logically. Movement disorders may appear as agitated body movements. A person with a movement disorder may repeat certain motions over and over. Flat Affect is when a person's face does not move or he or she talks in a dull or monotonous voice. People with negative symptoms need help with everyday tasks. They often neglect basic personal hygiene. 

--------------------------------------------

 --LOUIS DOES NOT HAVE SCHIZOPHRENIA YET--

I woke up next to a mess of curly hair right in my face. I giggled slightly. Waking up really close to Harry always makes me giddy, not for any real reason I don't think. 

He stirred slightly and then I saw his eyes open up. Whoops, I didn't mean to wake him. Much to my surprise, he smiled at me. He isn't usually a morning person. "G'Morning Boo!" I smiled back, I could help it. "Morning Hazza Bear. How'd you sleep?" He shrugged "Fine I guess. You?" "Fine". But honestly, I've never slept so little in my whole life. I tossed and turned all night, and now my eyes felt sandy.

Prodromal Stage:The first stage is called the prodromal stage and refers to the time before the illness appears.

He nodded and got up from the bed. "Well, I'm going to go shower, okay? We have an interview in an hour and I want to look spiffy." he laughed. I rolled my eyes "You always look spiffy, Harry" "Well, you're quite the charmer this morning, eh?" I laughed "I suppose so"

-

"And here they are, ONE DIRECTION!!" The interviewer yelled happily. Harry walked out first, waving and winking at a few girls in the audience. We all sat down on the small couch, our thighs practically on top of each others."Hello, boys!" the interview said with a bright smile. She was pretty, skinny and blonde. Harry was trying to check her out inconspicuously, but I knew she noticed, and I knew she didn't mind. "Hello!" we all greeted back in unison. "So boys, your album just came out, how about that!" We all cheered together, earning screams from the audience and then she continued to ask more questions while Liam answered almost all of them. Niall and Liam were the only talkative ones for some reason. I usually crack jokes, but I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I don't know if I even smiled one time the whole interview.Harry occasionally nudged my shoulder and gave me a concerned look but each time I just shrugged it off. 

I looked down at my hands and then back up at Harry who was talking about something while the audience laughed. "Yeah, making the album was definitely one of the best things I've ever gotten to do" Harry finished.

When it was time for our performance of "What Makes You Beautiful" I noticed that my stomach was in knots. I usually don't get nervous, but today I am. Its just a weird day for me, maybe I need to sleep.  Harry nailed his solo just like he always does,and the song was over a few seconds later.

"You did great, Harry" I told him once we got into the car. 

Harry pulled me into his lap and set his chin on my shoulder.

"Thanks Lou. You did too" He mumbled and placed a small kiss on my jawline

I shuttered and hoped Harry wouldn't notice, even though I knew he would. 

What is wrong with me?

END NOTES: 

 I know its really short, the next chapter will be better, I promise. I really only made this chapter to show you what Louis was like before he got Schizophrenia. Anyway, I hope you liked it :).