#11. Substitutes for Photoshop

Almost EVERYONE wants Photoshop or Illustrator! But, you have to pay for it, which sucks since not a lot of us want to spend money on it or can't spend money on it. 

To solve this problem, this chapter is dedicated to ALTERNATIVES you can use instead of Photoshop!  I'm NOT just listing down a bunch of random sites; I have downloaded or used these personally so I can properly provide you a worthy editing software and not waste your time. 

There won't be an external link for this chapter since you can Google them yourself so enjoy! 

D = you have to download it

O = no download required, it's just online

1. GIMP : D

I've used this software before I used Photoshop and I was definitely not disappointed. It's very close to Photoshop and can pretty much give you the same effects, as long as you have good application skills! 

2. Pixlr: O

Very similar to Photoshop as well as they have similar features, etc. Basically the online GIMP/Photoshop! 

3. Photopea :O

A simpler version of Pixlr which is great for beginners or for those who get confused with a lot of tools. It has similar features and you can also get similar effects. If you're a Photoshop user, you'll kind of feel awkward using this because it looks like a "kiddie" version of  Photoshop or a really really old version of Photoshop, but it's definitely worth it if you don't want to spend any money or download anything! 

4. Picsart: D

This is a photo-editting app that doesn't have much tools or complicated stuff but it can still bring out good graphics! However, I suggest this the least among the rest (that's why it is the last on the list) because it is more suitable for PHOTOS, not exactly covers, posters, banners, etc. However, a good graphic can still come out if there is good application skills. 

5. Photoshop CS2: D

Although I'm not entirely sure that this will work for everyone, I will be linking this in the external link below! I managed to find a FREE Photoshop (supposedly no free trial, just the actual thing).