2. I Have A Dream

Hi friends! Thanks for reading!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd come to entertain the idea, rather quickly, that it was my fate and I'd have to bear whatever burden it brought me. It wasn't the acceptance that gave me trouble; it was the fact that I could do nothing about it. I was essentially paralyzed so I made a choice later that week as I sat in my bedroom after dinner. No one was ever going to find out about the predicament I was in, not Shawn or anyone else in choir club, especially not Camila. She was the star in this entire fucked up, unwritten, and secret fairytale of mine...but I couldn't let her know. The sadistic torture I put myself through was well deserved, I continued on with business as usual, not once letting off that I had a crush on someone I used to and still kind of pretended to hate. I had Naill, my boyfriend at the time, and Camila was with Shawn. Even if I wanted to act, I was at a dead-end. I refused to ruin another life because I was selfish. Besides, how could I shame my family for the second time in under a year? We were star-crossed lovers in every definition of the overused term.

It's not even like the kiss meant anything to her. And it shouldn't have meant anything to me either. That was the embarrassing part, that I hadn't been able to get it out of my head. I was Lauren Jauregui and I shouldn't have been daydreaming of the time I drunkenly hooked up with Camila Cabello.

I had to admit, I was a little confused when a week had gone by after our encounter at Zayn's house and she hadn't dedicated a song to me in choir. It was just me being conceded, thinking that I was someone that she'd sing to. It was stupid. I sat on the risers day in and day out as Camila belted her little heart out to Shawn Mendes, wearing her heart of her sleeve, and letting everybody know how hopelessly devoted she was to him.

Honestly. She sang Hopelessly Devoted to You.

It infuriated me that I cared so much.

"Okay guys, as you know we don't have school on Monday," Mr. Cowellannounced.

"Mr. Cowell, if I may?"

"Sure Camila," Mr. Cowell gestured, "Go ahead."

Mr. Cowell took his seat on one of the stools and gave the floor to Camila. She stood and made her way down to the floor, fixing her hair as she made her way center stage.

"As you all know, Martin Luther King Jr. was an extraordinary man and an inspiring civil rights activist, we could all take a page from his memoir. In fact, I may not be here today if not for Martin's perseverance and bravery. Assuming you have all read the About Me section on my Facebook page, you're all aware of the fact that my family is one-half African American. I would like support from my fellow peers in the celebration of the freedom we all have that my ancestors used to pray for."

"Oh hell no. You know nothing—"

"That being said," Camila continued undeterred, "I propose that we all go to the parade on Monday to show our support for everything he fought hard to achieve. I took the liberty of arranging a few inspirational songs that we could sing if we were so inclined, but I believe just being there will show just how united a front we can be."

Everyone stared blankly at her and I had to put my hand over my mouth to hide my smirk.

"It would be a good bonding experience?" she tried.

"I think it's a good idea, Camila."

Camila smiled towards Mr. Cowell, he really changed his attitude towards the club after the holidays. He stopped taking his anger over Ms. Cole and Carl out on us and started being the teacher that we remembered from the beginning.