Foreward

I read The Misfortunes of Lolita first when I was 16 in 2014 - overweight, brown, lonely, damaged Neo read about a painting in black and brown and the boy that she loved.

I'll save you the sob story by saying, save for the romance between the two, I found so much about Frank and Lolita relatable. I adore this story and remembered its impact on me again when I finished my final year of high school and found my fingers itching to write and my eyes smarting to read.

I started here again with TMoL - I finished re-reading it in a day. Lamia, if you read this, I'm sure it's been said plenty to you but you have created a world where a brown girl could simply exist in all her ugly and pain and still be loved. There are very few things in this world that let brown girls be sad and hurt and be angry and be loved despite it all. Thank you.

Here is one of the multiverses of reconnection for Lolita and Frank post the events of TMoL. I highly highly suggest you read the original before this. If you do end up enjoying this story, let me know and give my other stories a read.

Please respect that these are not my characters and give credit to Lamia (losangelesque ) for creating them.

Thank you again.

© chokehold