Chapter 1

"Kennlee I swear if I have to tell you to sit down one more time I wi-"

"You will what? She is your sister not your child." I'm cut off by my mom

"She will not sit and I am trying to finish my speech." I respond

"Kennlee sit down and leave your brother alone." My mom says to my sister

"But mama," Kenn says

"I honestly don't want to hear your excuse Kennlee. Leave Cage alone until he is done." Mama says

"Thanks ma." I say

Kenn and I live with our mom full time. We usually go to dad's on the weekends, but since I've gotten older they let me just house hop as I want.

"So ma I'm going to dad's house tonight and he is taking me to the school in the morning." I say

"B, I wanna go!" Kenn yells

"Ok Cage, just don't be late for your own graduation like I was and not tonight Kennlee. Maybe tomorrow." Mama says causing Kenn to pout a little

"I'll tell dad to come get you in the morning. You can ride to the school with us." I say to my sister. Even though she can be a pain in the ass sometimes, she is adorable and I cannot stand to make her upset. The drive to my dads house is fairly short. My parents haven't really moved from the area they grew up in. I even go to the same high school as them. My grandpa and my mom renovated the house we live in some years ago. My mom and I have lived here for about sixteen years. I go to the same high school my parents went to and I'm going to the same college my mom went to. Well, I am going to the east campus which is in Georgia. Mom went west in California.

"Yo pops! I'm here!" I yell as I walk into my dad's house and plopping down on the couch next to him

"Where is Kenn?"

"I didn't bring her. I wanted to talk to you dad-to-son and mama told her no."

"Oh god. Did you get someone pregnant? Cage! We've told you to be safe. It is hard raising a kid while going to college bel-" I cut him off

"No dad. I want to talk about mom."

"What's wrong? Is she ok? Is she pregnant?"

"What is it with you and people being pregnant. No she is not and yes she is ok."

"Ok good."

"But, there is this guy. She says it's not serious but I know mom. She likes him"

"Oh."

"But I also know you. You fucked up dad. Multiple times, but you still love her I can tell."

"Watch your mouth and of course I still love your mom, but I'm not in love with her. We broke up years ago."

"Really dad? You want me to believe that?" I say smirking. He is so still in love with her. He looks at her the way he did in all of our old family pictures and my nana says that that's love. My dad can act like he doesn't want my mom back but he does. He doesn't know that I know but he keeps a picture of her in his wallet. It's not even a family picture. Just one of her in an over sized hoodie that says Mama Bear and it has random bears on it. It's ugly as crap but apparently it was a joke. If that not love I don't know what is.

"Yes because it's the truth."

"Ok. If you say so. I'll be in my room." I say getting up and walking towards the stairs, "Just get her back. I don't want a step dad." I add 

I fall onto my bed and immediately call my girlfriend. I haven't told my parents about her yet but it's just because they over think stuff. We just started dating about a month ago, but I have been chasing after Hailee for four years now.