12. Visitors

Kelsie

10:00am my phone reads, Ahh sleep what a wonderful thing. I see several notifications on my phone. I ignore them, I'm afraid one is Ryan and I don't have the sanity yet to deal. I get up and put my favorite cleaning outfit on, black leggings and a oversized gray tee. I pull my blonde wavy mess in a bun and head down the stairs. Katie is sitting at the nook in the kitchen.

"Coffee's done." I grunt a response. She ignores me, seven years and she knows conversations are best left until I'm drinking coffee. She rarely makes it for me. Shit she has something she wants to talk about. I sit down facing her in our nook. Her tablet is sat down and she sees the apprehension on my face. And laughs.

"Relax Kels it's nothing that bad."

"Thank fuck, scared the shit outta me. So what's up?"

"Michael and I were texting all night last night," I'm nodding I knew that. "he said Calum mentioned you saw Ryan at lunch."

"Yea we were having fun last night, thought I'd leave it till today. He was at the restaurant and saw me with them and tried to follow me out. That's why they stayed with me longer." I bit my lip and she grins.

"What happened?"

"We took the elevator back to the office."

"Ha so you fell on you ass did you?"

"NO!............... Calum caught me." Oh she looks thrilled. "Ashton saw me swoon. Calum was to busy being pissed at the guy that pushed me. But Ashton saw and laughed and winked at me."

"Omg thats great Lou's gonna love this when I tell him." I start banging my head on the wall behind me and Katie's laughing.

The doorbell rings and after the last two days neither of us move. I sigh "together then?" she laughs

"Always"

We open the door and there stands four beautiful men smiling at us. I slam the door and Katie's laughing as I run up the stairs. She opens the door.

I hear her say "Sorry for Kelsie she doesn't like people around when she looks like shit."

"Oh I thought she looked great." Calum responds.

I'm at the top of the stairs when she says. "Come in guys. There is coffee in the kitchen if you need any but be sure to either start more or leave some for Kels. She definitely will need more now." She laughs.

I exit my room after changing, into ripped skinny jeans and a navy tunic, and fixing my hair. Calum is leaning on the wall outside my door. "Hey Cal, what's up?"

"Well you didn't respond to any of mine or Ashton's messages. We were worried."

"Oh. Sorry I was sleeping. I turned my phone on silent."

"Oh." He looks a little sad.

"Yea. I was woke up at 4am yesterday with a phone call and a voice mail from Ryan and I didn't want him to ruin another nights sleep."

"OH. Ok sorry I thought I did or said something to upset you. I hate when my sleeps interrupted too."

I smile and shake my head. We head down the stairs in silence. We enter the kitchen and everyone is laughing and talking. I love our kitchen but this is too many people.

"Hey guys why don't we take this to the pit in the living room and watch cartoons or," as I wink at Michael, "turn on the Xbox we bought for Louis."

"Fuck yea." Michael is bouncing waiting for us to show him the way. We get to the living room and I pull Katie aside to get the Xbox set up. There's something we still need to figure out.

"Ok I'm officially freaking. Katie what is Ryan doing in New York, and seeing as I know you looked it up how the hell did Sam get out that fast?"

I stumble as I gasp her name.

"What." She responds I've just caught everyone's attention. I'm already in tears. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I collapse under the weight of the realization.

"Ryan, he came to New York for a 'business opportunity' said he had a meeting with The Halo Group. Shit Katie. Why would he need advertising in New fucking York? Gawd we are morons. Why didn't we catch this sooner?" She looks at me wide eyed she gets it but her brain won't put the pieces together like mine did. She's usual faster then me with this.

"Katie. Ryan is Sam's fucking lawyer!"