sixteen

A Letter to my Ex Girlfriend's New Boyfriend:

Dear Replacement,
   I don't know who you are, but I think you must be pretty amazing to end up with a girl like her. There are a couple of things I need to tell you about being in a relationship with my ex.
   You don't have to worry about me. Sadly, she and I are a thing of the past and I will not interfere with your relationship. I will not like her posts and I will not text or call her for any reason.
   By now she will have deleted every trace of me from her social medias. However, I am leaving the pictures of us on my pages. Please do not be mad at this, for I enjoy looking at them and relishing in the memories.
   She likes to hum to herself when it gets quiet. She always has a song in her head, and it will stay there for weeks at a time. When you ride in a vehicle with her you should play this song. It lights up her eyes.
   Speaking of singing, she loves to do it. She sings along with every song she hears whether she likes the song or not. She is also convinced that she cannot sing at all. Her voice is like an angel, though. Tell her that.
   She also taps on everything. It will wear on your nerves and she will stop if you ask her to. She just has a good sense of rhythm, that's all.
   Her nails are always long and manicured. She never bites them unless she is nervous. When she does this, ask what is wrong, and don't let her lie to you by saying everything is okay. She feels as though she is burdening you when she talks about her problems. Try to convince her that she is not bothering you.
   When you find that you have fallen in love with her so quickly, do not be surprised. She is constantly happy and she will always make you smile. It is so easy to fall in love with her.
   I hope one day I can properly meet you. I want you to know that I do not hate you, I am simply jealous.
   Finally, don't hurt her the way I did. She is kind and pure and deserves only the best in the world. I need you to give that to her. Remember, you are dating the girl of your dreams. I really hope everything works out with the two of you.

Sincerely,
   The Ex Boyfriend