Chapter 2

The birds had woken her up – scratch that, actually one bird in particular had woken her up. She grimaced at the loud screeching of its birdsong and tried covering her head and ears with her pillow to no avail. After fifteen minutes of failure, Camila Cabello had given up, and as she cradled her head out of her sleeping bag – it was then that she remembered that she was not alone. She paused as she set sight on Lauren – the brunette had fallen asleep with her cheek against the page of her book, Camila smiled at the rawness of it all. She smiled because she felt happy – if you asked her then what it was that incensed her happiness so much, she wouldn't have been able to tell you – however in reality, she really would have simply been too terrified to accept the truth of the matter.

And so with no truths and no complications she sighed as she watched the brunette sleep. She forced herself not to overthink Lauren's arrival the night before – and she bit down the realizations that were beginning to boil within her mind. She had to save that for another day – she wasn't sure she would be able to handle that on top of this camping trip. Emotions could only hold for so long.

But then there she was... her body scooting inside of its sleeping bag – moving in the frame Camila's own. The brunette looked over quickly and realized the brunette was still very much asleep – but now their covered forms were cuddled together, and Camila could smell the vanilla and apricots of Lauren's shampoo as strands fell and warped across her arm. She began to feel tense inexplicably and watched in horror as the brunette ex-cheerio let out a fluttery sigh as she snuggled in deeper – molding their forms together completely. Camila couldn't let this continue.

"Lauren." She whispered. It was to no avail as the brunette simply turned her head. Camila was determined, she tried again.

"Lauren Jauregui!" She watched in annoyed agitation as the girl failed to budge, and then the bird was back – fluttering above her tent somewhere in the trees, whistling it's horrendous birdsong for their tired ears. Camila cursed the bird in her mind before simply giving up as she felt Lauren cradling against her, and as she heard the terrible screeching of that thing that simply wouldn't shut up. And then she heard her.

"God - Camila, shut uppp."

It was mumbled and weak, and raspy with in-use – but Camila was incredibly attracted to that voice suddenly – she tensed again once she realized what that might mean, and she cleared her throat in an attempt at composure. She scrunched her eyebrows as she watched Lauren cover her ears sloppily as she tried to rid her eardrums of the offending birdsong outside.

"Can it Cabello. I'm trying to sleep!"

Camila wasn't privy to reply to the sleepy brunette at all – but being blamed for a song and voice that were most definitely not hers was inexcusable – especially considering the fact that she sounded magically wonderful, while that beast outside was wailing like a raccoon in heat. And so she cleared her throat loudly and sat up quickly in her sleeping bag – watching as Lauren's body that was huddled against her own fell unceremoniously to the hard floor of the tent at the sudden loss of contact.

"Excuse me, but when have I ever sounded like a cat in heat while singing? I am offended that you would even consider the fact that that bird outside is me."

Camila heard Lauren growl into her pillow as the bird outside whistled again for a mate that obviously wasn't coming.

"Whatever...make it shut up."

Camila huffed and shook her head – she grabbed her clothes and made off for the campground toilets and quarter-operated showers without answering. She was grumpy and confused... and.... And.... confused. A shower would have to do for now because she couldn't stand to be in a sleepy headed Lauren Jauregui presence right now, she simply had too many questions to ask that neither girl were prepared to answer.